thirteen

CLARKE'S POV-

I was afraid to pick it up, I didn't want to touch it. I didn't want to see it. I didn't even want it. Truly, I did not want this.

I pushed the box away, and stood up from the chair, staring at it.

It's like some crazy dragon on the table, it's scary.

What do I do? What do I say?

My phone starts to ring, and I jump, startled. I pick it up, the ringing driving my mind crazy.

" Hello?"

" Clarke? Are you okay?" Kim says, worried.

" Yeah...yeah, I'm totally okay."

" You just sounded a little...nevermind. Where are you? The appointment is at 10, which was fifteen minutes ago!"

I laugh," I know, you're so funny, did you think I forgot? I'm right around the corner, well a couple blocks or yeah, I'll be there shortly! Save me a complimentary muffin."

" They don't have...just drive safely, see you soon."

" Okay, bye." I hang up, scrambling to the bedroom to change into some shorts and a tank top, I pull a brush through my hair and a toothbrush across my teeth.

I rush to the door, and out to my car. I grabbed the scary black box, leaving it on the glove box while I head into the appointment.

Kim smiles from the chair, getting up, and wrapping her arms around me. I breathe," Hi."

She frowns, touching my head," What happened to you? Did you just roll out of bed and run here?"

I shake my head," I had a rough morning."

The manager walks in," Okay ladies, let's get you fitted!"

Kim smiles, and claps," Final fitting!"

I fake happily clap along," Ah! Getting married this weekend!" I get into my fitting room with my dress. I shrug down onto the chair in the corner, hiding my face in my hands.

After a couple seconds, I get up and get dressed into the simple blue dress, and walk out into the foyer room.

Kim smiles, almost crying," You look amazing! Do you like it?"

The dress consultant comes up to me, checking the hem.

I nod," Yeah, it's nice actually."

She waves her hand in front of her eyes," I'm just happy, don't worry."

I smile," Your makeup!"

She laughs, and shrugs," As long as I don't get anything on the dress."

I nod," You look amazing. He'll love it."

She smiles," While we're talking about David..."

" What about him? Is everything alright?"

" I want to talk about his nephew."

" Bellamy."

She nods.

" What about him?"

" How are things? Since he's returned?"

" Things are weird, complicated..."

" And how are things with Daniel?"

" Well, we're together again. And I'm in trouble."

She looks confused," I didn't realize you broke up. Why are you in trouble?"

" I think he proposed this morning."

She looks even more confused," If you told me this a minute ago I'd be jumping for joy, but I'm thinking Bellamy is making things complicated?"

I shrug," I don't know what to do."

" What do you mean?"

" Daniel has some things going on, and I don't want to leave him."

" What kind of things?"

" He's sleepwalking? For no reason at all, and I want to be there for him. His parents have enough to deal with, his sisters have lives of their own, and I'm all he really has."

" But..."

" I want to be with Bellamy again." I explain, almost crying myself.

She frowns," Oh honey." She stretches her arms out, coming towards me. " You have some things to work out."

" Any advice?"

She shakes her head," I know it can be hard, but follow your heart, dear, it can't steer you wrong."

" But my head says otherwise."

She nods," Do what makes you happy."

***

This is leading up to some good stuff so deal with this confusing time (bellarke is coming)