11

The weekend went by in a flash and Liam couldn't believe that it was already over. It was Monday and Liam was in the back of the SUV with Alex. Liam sighed and looked out the window.

Hazel was doing well. She was delighted to see him when she saw him. He dropped her off at Anna's apartment this morning. "How are things, Liam?" Alex asked Liam.

He was curious to know how things went. Liam knew that.

"Things are going well. How about you?" Liam asked the man who was driving the car. Alex nodded back at him.

"Yeah, things are going well. How are things going between you and Zayn?" Alex asked him.

Wow, straight to the point. Liam thought.

Liam just shrugged. They did only go on one date. But Liam really liked that date and he could tell that Zayn liked it as well.

He did kiss him at the end of it. It was all he could think about all weekend.

The kiss.

It was like the kiss had completely taken over his mind. He was glad to have Hazel back though. Of course, he trusted Anna with her, but he was always checking on her to make sure that she was okay. He had also spent the weekend looking at new apartments for him and Hazel to move into. He had been saving money and he had enough to get a better apartment for the two of them. Not a big huge house but a better apartment than what he was living in at the minute.

"How did you find the date the other night?" Alex was asking Liam. He didn't want to pry. But he thought that Liam was the perfect man for his boss. Alex could see what Zayn saw in him. Liam was a quiet man and kept to himself, but he was determined.

He was determined to look after a little girl that wasn't even biologically his. He was determined to make enough money to move out of the crappy apartment that he was staying in at the minute.

He was nearly there. He was awfully close. He just needed to pick an apartment. He had good options. But there was one apartment that he absolutely loved, and it was in a good area. There was a park nearby for Hazel to play in. It was closer to the office building which was a good thing.

He could walk but it was a bit of stretch and Liam didn't know how he would get Hazel to Marie. Unless Marie drove to his place. She did own a car, but Liam didn't want to put that stress on her. Marie didn't need that stress on her.

"Have you found any better apartments yet?" Alex asked Liam. Liam nodded his head. "Yeah, I've found a couple." Liam replied. Alex's eyebrow rose.

"Where?" Alex asked Liam.

"It's not too far away from the office, so hopefully you won't have to bring me to work every day" Liam told Alex. That earned a glare from Alex. "I don't mind driving you to work every day, Liam."

"But.." Liam trailed off; Alex shook his head.

"No buts. I have no problem driving you to work every day and how is Hazel going to get to Anna's house every day?" Alex asked Liam. Liam shrugged.

"I haven't figured that out yet." Liam replied, this time Alex shrugged.

"Well, I'm your friend Liam. I want to help you as much as I can. If that means driving, you to work every day then I have no problem with that." Alex told Liam.

Liam managed to nod but he felt the tears building up in the back of his eyes. No one had ever offered to help him. Well, other than Anna and Marie.

"Thank you." Liam told Alex with his throat closing.

"You're welcome." Was Alex's reply and then they arrived in front of the huge building.

"Thanks Alex." Liam thanked Alex before he got out of the car. Alex nodded back at him. He grabbed his bag and took out his ID badge. He scanned it and the receptionist smiled at him when she saw him. Liam smiled back.