[20] i ain't a judas

Start from the beginning

"That's when it was just us. Before there was a snake in the nest." Was kinda expecting Glenn to bring that up. 

Daryl took a step towards Glenn, "Man, we gonna go through this again? Look, Merle's staying here. He's with us now. Get used to it. All y'all." He went back to the second level.

Glenn lowered his voice, "seriously, Rick, I don't think Merle living here is really gonna fly."

"I can't kick him out."

"I wouldn't ask you to live with Shane after he tried to kill you. Or what he did to-"

"Okay, can we stop bringing that up?" I glared, "Look, it's not like I'm suggesting we roll out a red carpet and give him the king's suite, but we shouldn't get rid of him."

"How can you say that, JJ?" Glenn fought, "Especially after what happened in Woodbury."

"Because I think that he can be an asset. And yeah, he's an absolute jackass, but if Daryl trusts him, I think we should give him a shot."

"She's right. And Merle has military experience. He may be erratic, but we can't underestimate his loyalty to his brother."

"What if we solve both problems at once? Deliver Merle to the Governor. Bargaining chip. Give him his traitor, maybe declare a truce."

"Oh, yeah, and then after that we can braid each other's hair and make friendships bracelets." I sarcastically smiled. "Face it, we're knee-deep in shit with this Governor and there's not gonna be an easy way out."

Hershel nodded, "I'm afraid JJ's right."

"Guys, we might have a problem." Carl told us just as I was about to go on watch.

We were careful when we went outside, guns at the ready.

"Clear." Merle went first, scanning the area. 

It was Andrea with a walker. 

"Are you alone?" Rick questioned. 

"Open the gate."

"Are you alone?!" He repeated.

"Rick!" 

He tossed the keys to Daryl, who opened it for Andrea. As soon as she was in the gate, Rick held the gun to her, "Hands up! Turn around." He patted her down, "Get down. On the floor." The rest of us stood guard while he dealt with Andrea, "I asked if you were alone."

"I am." She breathed.

"Welcome back. Get up."

We went back inside. Andrea hugged Carol first. "After you saved me, we thought you were dead."

Andrea looked around, "I can't believe this. Where's Shane?" Rotting down below. "And Lori?"

Rick put his head down as Hershel answered, "she had a girl. Lori didn't survive."

"Neither did T-Dog." Maggie told her. 

"I'm so sorry. Carl-. Rick, I-" She moved on, "You all live here?"

"Here and the cell block." Glenn informed. 

"There? Well, can I go in?"

"I won't allow that." Rick voiced. 

"I'm not an enemy, Rick."

"We had that field, that courtyard. Until your boyfriend tore down the fence with a truck and shot us up."

"He said you fired first."

"Oh my gosh, he lied? No way." I sarcastically, quietly gasped, crossing my arms over my chest. "He killed an inmate who survived in here."