Chapter 11

"True or false..."

I muttered intentionally following Adelio's words, and still smiling, he said.

"It's kind of nasty."

"Nasty?"

"Daisy, didn't you say they hated you even though you didn't do anything wrong? I thought if it was me, I would feel that it was unfair."

I nodded violently as if deceived by Adelio's kind voice.

"But I've done something wrong, haven't I? I'm always lacking compared to my sisters...."

"Daisy. Again, hating people for that reason is something that only bad people do."

"...My sisters are not bad."

"So let's check if they really mean it."

As I let my shoulders drop weakly, he kept comforting me over and over again.

"Daisy. A normal relationship isn't something that can be achieved through one-sided favor."

That's true.

If something like that was possible, the relationship between me and my sisters wouldn't have broken down this much.

'You've given up on me who's been trying so hard and now you suddenly show your love to me, how I can trust you?'

Adelio spoke warmly as if he understood my feelings.

"So I think it's their turn from now on."

"Yes, I've done enough."

Adelio nodded, saying yes to my blunt tone.

"...But how can I be mean to my sisters?"

"Are you scared?"

"It's not that I'm scared..."

I bowed my head, recalling Liliana and Viola's angry faces.

"Yes, I think it's a little scary. I can't even remember their smiling faces."

"Is that so?"

In the end, nothing was solved, but Adelio's words comforted me to some extent.

Before I knew it, I arrived at the main gate of the temple and greeted him face-to-face.

"Thank you for today. It gave me a lot of strength."

"Daisy."

"Yes?"

Adelio grabbed me as I was about to go back, and, after a bit of agitation, he opened his mouth.

"I don't think anyone would blame you for being mean to your sisters, Daisy."

"..."

"Honestly, if you want to let it go, that's fine, but Daisy, it's so unfair."

I blinked in embarrassment at Adelio's sullen tone, and he smiled even more brightly.

"Or think of it as being a little naughty to your sisters. You'll feel more at ease. "

I asked Adelio, who was looking at the carriage that had just arrived and had a regretful expression on his face.

"It's the first time we've seen each other today, so why are you being so kind to me? Maybe it was really my fault."

"Well, because I think Daisy's a good person? Maybe that's why I don't want you to be hurt."

My voice trembled a little at my rising emotions.

"...Thank you for your words."

Hearing those words for the first time from someone else besides my parents gave me courage.