Chapter 5

"Sure. Of course."

I couldn't believe it even though it was a definite answer.

As I opened my eyes wide and stared blankly, Liliana smiled quietly with a pleasant laugh.

She tilted her head slightly, her black hair fluttering.

Her hair was usually shiny and smooth, but it seemed to be shinier than usual, perhaps because she paid more attention today.

Her black hair, slightly reddish under the sun, looked covetous.

As the end of her eyes folded gently over the white skin, the beautifully gleaming purple eyes closed slightly.

Even though it was half hidden, at those alluring eyes and bright expression, I trembled, unable to refuse the request.

"Really, can I go to attend Sister's tea party?"

"Really! Of course!"

I had a hard time asking, but Liliana smiled broadly as if she was happy.

'What are you up to?'

However, her smile was too bright to have a hidden meaning.

As Liliana smiled brightly, I saw a vision of red roses blooming splendidly behind her.

Just doubting what she said seemed to create a sense of guilt.

"I am so happy to see my beloved little sister at the tea party I'm hosting."

Liliana turned her head and said to Isabel.

"So dress up my little sister properly."

"But..."

"But? You dare to talk back to my words?"

Isabel quickly opened her mouth as Liliana's eyes became fierce.

"It's not that, Miss Daisy doesn't have a dress for the tea party!"

"What?"

"Miss has grown taller than last year, so I have to adjust to a new dress for going out, but Miss keeps refusing to go to the salon, so I stop..."

I never imagined that it was the reason she kept bringing up the salon.

Isabel didn't hide her sad expression and spoke pitifully.

Liliana's expression became serious as if her sad face had worked.

'Come to think of it... I thought I don't need expensive clothes because I wear simple clothes every time.'

I didn't have any friends that I could meet freely, and even if I went out occasionally, I only had to go to the temple, so I wasn't interested in new clothes.

So I didn't know Isabel was grumbling about it.

'Now, you may say that I have been walking around without respecting the noble's dignity, saying that the prestige of the duke has fallen.'

I closed my eyes tightly in preparation for the incoming nagging.

Because I didn't have the courage to face the eyes that would turn vicious.

But contrary to my expectations, the brutal beating didn't come back.

"It would have been enough to call a designer, right?"

"That's..."

Isabel declined to comment.

That's because I ordered not to call a designer because I was aware of Liliana and Viola.