Chapter 14

I felt like my body was sinking down.

I only felt this familiar sense when I had lucid dreams of peeping into the future, so I gradually opened my eyes.

What appeared as soon as I opened my eyes was a confrontation between Liliana and Viola.

'Why am I here?'

The atmosphere between the two was unusual.

"I've decided to get engaged to the First Prince."

Viola waited for Liliana's words with a disapproving expression.

"For the time being, I think I will be receiving education as a princess in the Imperial family."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. Even so, I have no intention of giving up the Duchy. I can't give you too much work."

"Oh? Rather, I think it'll be too much work for you."

Liliana shook her head at Viola's sarcastic remark.

"I've done enough so far, and it's what I have to do in the future."

"Too much greed is poison, Liliana."

The ensuing war of nerves between the two people made me look around and slipped out of the spot.

I didn't want to suffer from those two even in my dream.

'But why did Viola look so upset? Is it such a big deal that Liliana doesn't give up the dukedom? She obviously doesn't seem interested in the duchy...'

Fearing that sparks would fly, I left my seat, but I never thought that this situation would turn into a big discord.

Unlike with me, they were twin sisters who got along well.

I opened the door like that and came out, and suddenly the surroundings began to change drastically.

I came out of an ordinary room, but the place that unfolded before me was the lobby.

Bang, the sound of the door opening violently rang through the mansion.

As I headed to the lobby at the loud sound, people who gathered there after hearing the commotion were restless.

"Do you know what rumors are circulating outside right now because of your rash behavior?"

In the center of the lobby stood a very angry Viola, clutching Liliana by the collar.

"What rumors? Are you talking about rumors that the Duke of Liviatan supports the First Prince?"

"You know very well that Liviatan is a family that must be loyal to the Imperial family, don't you? But you're recklessly messing with the prince when the crown prince hasn't even been decided yet?"

Viola broke her usual expressionless face and was openly angry.

Liliana listened quietly to Viola's words, and when she calmed down, she continued speaking in a calm tone.

"The First Prince wants the support of our family. And I've only dabbled in the social world a little bit to help him."

"Are you asking me to agree with this arbitrary choice?"

"It's no problem if the poor prince becomes the crown prince. What the hell are you so unhappy about?"

Viola responded to Liliana's words in a tone of derision.

"Are you telling me to just watch and see you acting arrogantly as if you've already received the Duke's title?"

"This is a right I should enjoy proudly! It's a choice I can make as the next duke!"