Chapter 10

Even if this person has helped you, just because you don't like your family name, you're acting so impulsive.

'Calm down, Daisy Liviatan. As long as you bear the name of your family, you shouldn't look stupid.'

"Are you okay? If you were shocked by what happened a while ago, please feel free to tell me."

While I was organizing my thoughts alone, Adelio asked me again with a worried face

"No, I am fine. Anyway..."

I saved my breath.

It wasn't the first time that priest had been reported, so even if I said something, nothing would change.

If I tried to kick out the priest by revealing the name of Liviatan, I would lose my desired quiet haven.

'Above all, if rumors spread that the esteemed daughter of Liviatan was harassed...'

The thought of causing trouble to the family made me dizzy.

Adelio took a step closer at my increasingly pale face, looked at my complexion, and spoke in a friendly voice as if consoling me.

"Don't worry. I will take responsibility and hold the priest responsible for trying to do something bad to Daisy."

"Thank you for saying that."

How can you hold a priest who has a strong backup responsible?

I didn't have expectations, but I smiled, thankful that he cared about me.

"So, you think I'm lying."

"Because it's something I've seen before."

Adelio smiled affectionately at my words and nodded as if he understood.

"Then you can wait and see if it's a lie or not."

At the tone of anticipation, I glanced behind him.

The priest was knocked out by Adelio and then hit his head on the floor, fainted, and still hadn't woken up yet.

'Is he dead?'

Adelio smiled as he checked where I was looking.

"He's not dead. He just fainted for a second."

"...I wasn't thinking that he was dead."

As if he had read my thoughts, I hurriedly spoke out, but it felt even more awkward.

I turned away from the fallen priest, coughing for no reason, and looked at Adelio again.

'As expected.'

Obviously, it was my first time seeing Adelio, but the feeling of familiarity hadn't changed.

'Familiarity? No, is it happiness?'

I wondered whether I should solve or hide the questions that kept popping up.

"I know this is a strange question..."

If I just keep thinking about it, it will increase the sadness in my heart.

"Yes, please feel free to ask."

"Have we met somewhere before?"

"What?"

Adelio blinked as if bewildered by my question.

But seeing my serious expression, he also responded seriously.

"Unfortunately, today is my first day at work since I was sent here from the Central Temple."

"Oh... I'm sorry."

"No, it's not something to feel sorry for."

Adelio spoke kindly, but I couldn't hide my red face that burned with embarrassment.