The Guardians

Everyone went silent and Natsu growled as Master spoke. "You ready to tell them?"

"Yes." I closed my eyes and thought back to the past. "I am the Etheral Dragon Slayer."

Their eyes went wide and I smiled. "Another one!"

I laughed a bit and continued on. "Like the others, I was raised by a dragon too. My magic is not like the others though. I am the dragon slayer that feeds off of ethernano. My magic is of all elements. My dragon disappeared on July 7th of the year 777."

I watched as everyone was silent as they listened. Lucy was not sure what to think of the story. Natsu and Grey were just quiet, as I imagined Natsu was still upset about not being able to find the two men.

"When I came to the guild, it was to fight these two idiots." I poked to Natsu and Grey and they both huffed at what I called them. "I heard about stories about the two who always fought and destroyed towns."

Lucy giggled. "That sounds right."

I continued to finish my story. "Not long after I joined, I awoke of my other magic. It was too powerful for me. I had to have it sealed by Master, Erza, and Mira. I almost killed Natsu and Grey."

Lucy looked at me shocked. "Oh, no."

I nodded and looked at Master. "I used a spell of the guardians that I altered. It is a spell that seals a fraction of my powers, but the price is hefty. The person that uses it, is forgotten by the caster."

 I held my arm and looked down. "Erza and Mira helped with this spell, it takes a tremendous amount of power. I have a battle of the guardians." I took a breath and looked at them. "I altered this spell because I had people after me, and worked undercover for the Magic Council."

Everyone's eyes shot wide open, as I motioned for Carla and Wendy to come in because I knew they were listening. I smiled softly at them, and let them know it was ok. 

Natsu shouted in surprised and jumped back. "You mean you worked for the big guys?!"

I nod at him and smiled. "Yes. So I advise that you behave. I still do on occasions." I looked back at everyone and Natsu gulped. 

"I had to have myself forgotten from history. The spell had it so everyone forgot I existed. Everyone in the world forgot about me. However, it seems that the magic does not work on those I am close with." I smiled at Natsu, Grey and laxus who appeared next to them. 

"So that would mean that Natsu and Grey?" Wendy stated. 

I stood up and walked to the three males. "These three are my boys. Erza and Mira would have remembered if it were not for the spell."

I let the boys and took a few steps back from them. "During the two years I been gone, I put away countless criminals. I am a retired member of the council."

I took a hair clip out of my hair and showed them the badge on it. It had the Magic Council's logo and I smiled. "During my missions, I also went through and did the duties of a guardian. I got rid of darkness in the souls of people. If they hold onto the darkness for too long and do dark deeds. They turn into demons."

The others looked at me in shock. "Demons? How is that possible." Lucy asked.

Wendy looked at me concerned. "That is dangerous." 

I nodded at her and heard Grey. "I thought that they were made by Zeref."

"Demons are created by the darkening of the soul. When a demon is killed, some dark particles go into the air and are known to Etherious. That is how Zeref made those demons. Then there are in the past, animals that absorbed these particles, and made up the demons in the world we have now. Before the dragons ruled over earthland, Demons had reigned. The guardians were formed and became known. They were killed off. I am a descendent." I held my hands and looked at them all. 

I looked at them and Grey looked at me in disbelief. "I know Grey. Crazy, huh?" 

I sighed and looked at them. "A true demon, is ten times stronger than Deliora and Lullaby." Grey looked horrified as he started sweating. The others all looked like Grey. I smiled at them and my eyes glowed golden and wiggled my fingers. I sent out gold butterflies that sat on each one of their shoulders. It disappeared into their bodies and calmed them down.

"Guys. My powers are made for this. I promise, the world is going to be safe." I sighed and opened my eyes. "The time of demons has slowly started to return. To make things worse. While I decided continued on a journey, I met a person and who needed help, I tried to save his brother, but he was too far gone and gave in to the darkness."

"So he became a demon." Lucy asked.

 I felt tears in my eyes and went silent. They saw my tears with my silence, and knew the answer. "I had to kill him as he was transforming into it." Master looked at me and nodded. 

Lucy covered her mouth with her hand. Wendy had tears in her eyes and I went to her. I wiped the tears and smiled at her. "The brother is named Reed. He became known as Ripper. He cursed me. Similar to Ankhseram Black Magic. It affects people you care for over time. If care too much about someone at once, I can kill them. That is why Grey knocked me out."

I wiped my eyes and sighed. "A month after, I saved a boy from bandits, and healed him. His name is Isaac. I taught him magic so he could protect himself. Over time, we became a team. All while this went on, I kept in touch with the master and showed up when I was needed. I sent spells, money, and appeared a few times. I sent money to Maccao for the seven years you guys were gone." 

"I had to leave him a month. Darkness was slowly growing in Isaac from the time we spent together. He knows of Fairy Tail and I told him of all my memories. I left a letter that said I had to leave, for his sake. That is when I came home and bought Fairy hills, where Erza and Master are co-owners. It belongs to Fairy tail."

I looked down and sighed. "If Ripper keeps up like this, He will become a demon himself. I will not lose another person. I have a responsibility to keep this world demon free. It is up to me."

I looked at Lucy who thought for a moment. "Wait, if you were here while we were on Tenrou, then how are you still so young?" she asked

I held my finger up and remembered I forgot something. "Guardians age slowly. Some are immortal. They though if they take in too much darkness. It is poison to me."

"So that's why it took you so long to wake up." Wendy confirmed. 

I looked at her and tilt my head. "How long was I asleep for?"

"Two weeks." Grey answered and I was surprised. "Natsu would not give up."

I smiled at Natsu and sighed. "Thank you, Natsu."

"That is my life. Lucy can we talk privately?" She looked at me surprised for a moment and nodded.