Chapter 16: Death Wish

But, speaking of being granted a name by the heavens…

Wu Xingxue turned his head to look at Xiao Fuxuan, and then suddenly raised his hand to touch his ear.

It was said that the Celestial Immortal could strike his sword faster than lightning, and was capable of slashing the transgressor’s head in the blink of an eye. All devils knew to keep a great distance away from him, and normal people were even less likely to come near him.

But Wu Xingxue had already reached out his hand. When he finally remembered this saying, it was already too late to regret his actions.

However, the only thing that happened was that the sword in Xiao Fuxuan’s hand was lifted slightly, and then it was lowered again. A deafening rumble that came out of him stopped abruptly right after it sounded. Only a split second had passed from the violent surge to the withdrawal and sheathing of his sword.

Wu Xingxue was stunned by this sudden change, and before he could react, he saw Xiao Fuxuan turn his face to the side and glance at his finger with downcast eyes, “What are you trying to press?”

His voice was very deep, and his neck subtly vibrated when he spoke.

Wu Xingxue curled his fingers and retracted his hand. Oh, what happened to your ‘Mian’ word? I don’t think it ever showed up on you. “

Xiao Fuxuan glanced at the straw shack. He didn’t seem to want to speak too much because of all the people there, so he only gave a one-worded answer, “Gone.”

Made sense. With the Immortal Capital destroyed and the Lingtai perished, it was natural that the “Mian” mark granted by the heavens was gone. Wu Xingxue didn’t know what he was thinking just now that made him ask such a dumb and obvious question.

He waved his hand, about to move on from this topic, but suddenly, he heard Xiao Fuxuan say, “Before, it also wasn’t visible all the time.”

Wu Xingxue became curious again, “Not visible all the time? What, the mark granted by the heavens would appear and disappear every now and then?”

“Mm.”

“Then when would it be hidden, and when would it appear?”

“……”

For some reason, Xiao Fuxuan didn’t answer.

He just raised his hand and pinched the part of the neck that his “Mian” mark should be on, then gave Wu Xingxue a look before walking to the straw shack.

Wu Xingxue: “?”

“What made you say that they were ordained?” Xiao Fuxuan walked to the shack and asked the woman wrapped in a thick coat.

A cultivation disciple beside her wanted to stop him, but was pressed back by another. They stared at Xiao Fuxuan with a face of hesitation.

“Because they had a word on their neck,” said the woman as she raised her hand to demonstrate. Because of the thick winter coat she was wearing, her movements seemed rather clumsy, making her red eyes look even more empty and sorrowful.

A word on their neck?

Wu Xingxue wasn’t exactly sure if that was the whole story.

Luckily, one of the cultivation disciples couldn’t stand it any longer, so he helped to explain, “This matter has been a hot topic on the outskirts of Yuyang for a while now. The first family to suffer from this disaster was a lumberjack. Just the day before, he was a healthy man, but after he woke up the next day, a word suddenly appeared on his neck… as if… as if it was granted by the heavens. It had grown on his body and wouldn’t go away no matter how hard he tried to wash it.”