Chapter 5

Of course, Wu Xingxue didn’t get to leave.

Firstly, now that they were here already, it would be a shame to leave in such a hurry. And secondly, he didn’t really have anywhere else to go.

After waiting around a bit by the pier, the two disciples came over.

Wu Xingxue saw that on the silver tassels on their swords, there was a peach blossom carved with pink jade. The word “Hua”1, was also imprinted on the jade tokens on their waists. Obviously, these were two disciples of the Hua Sect. To be responsible for guarding the port and city gate, they must come from quite a powerful sect.

“Hello, are you guys looking to enter the city?” The two disciples bowed politely, saying, “There have been quite a few things going on lately around here, so it’s a bit strict to enter and leave the city. If you find us to be rude or offensive, please understand.”

They looked towards Ning Huaishan and One-arm with an alarming face, “These two… are they not feeling well?”

It was no wonder they grew suspicious. After those two got off, they were having nausea and vomiting, the exact responses a devil would have.

If it weren’t because Wu Xingxue and Xiao Fuxuan, both of which appeared normal, these two disciples would have already drawn their swords.

Ning Huaishan didn’t want to bother explaining. He pinched his hands together, making his fingertips as sharp as a knife.

Wu Xingxue immediately pulled him back and replied for him, “They’re seasick.”

“Oh……” the two disciples took another look at the bamboo boat, still in suspicion, “Where do you guys come from?”

Since the City Lord didn’t let him move, he could only wipe his lips and reply, “The Rustling Channel of Eternal Sea.”

“Oh, no wonder. There was quite a storm there last night, traveling on boat would indeed be difficult.”

This time, the two disciples believed them.

They then started to study Xiao Fuxuan. But before they were even able to speak, Ning Huaishan had already started, “This is my City… my young master’s puppet.”

Xiao Fuxuan: “……”

With Ning Huaishan’s mouth with us, the entire city will know us in just a few days, Wu Xingxue thought.

But owning a puppet wasn’t too surprising, it was common among the cultivators. Especially now that the world was getting more and more chaotic, it was normal for a young master to be bringing puppets as body guards. The puppet itself didn’t merit any suspicion.

It was just that the stature, appearance, and disposition of this puppet was too astounding, simultaneously drawing people’s attention while also causing the two disciples to murmur to each other…

Because of their upbringing, they didn’t stare at Xiao Fuxuan too much. But when leaving, Wu Xingxue heard them discuss in whispers.

“That puppet, have we seen it somewhere before? Why does it look kind of familiar, almost as if I know him?”

“Hmm, that young master Cheng also…”

……

***

In the end, only Wu Xingxue and Xiao Fuxuan entered Chunfan City.

This was because that was a giant stone sculpture of a deity placed right in the middle of the road that leads into the city. The copper platform in front was completely filled with incense, causing the smoke to linger everywhere in the air. Ning Huaishan and One-arm’s faces turned green immediately. They almost ran for their lives as they yelled, “City Lord, we’ll wait for you in the mountains at the city border!”