Chapter 3

Xiao Fuxuan’s coffin?

Xiao Fuxuan…

Wu Xingxue softly repeated again.

The subordinates had caught up, but they wouldn’t stand too close to the coffin.

Ning Huaishan stretched his neck out way long, saying dumbfoundedly: “That’s so weird, why would the Tianxiu Immortal’s coffin be here?”

Good kid, he sure knows how to talk.

Wu Xingxue was originally still pondering who Xiao Fuxuan was exactly, deathly afraid that he would get it wrong and blow his cover. Much thanks to Ning Huaishan’s quick mouth for helping him avoid this calamity.

But it was truly very strange.

Wu Xingxue didn’t understand the rules here, but he’d read storybooks.

The immortals in storybooks always regarded demons as filth; like water and fire, the two parties were irreconcilable. Who would place their own coffin in a prison specifically for detaining demons, were they really that afraid of dying contently?

Or… was there another explanation?

Wu Xingxue pondered this, reaching out to brush the side of the white jade coffin filled with coffin nails.

Ever since he was little, he had a bad habit—most of the nobles of Que Capital all loved unique and abnormal objects, like shark pearls, prajñā, and earthly lanterns, their flowery names each more ostentatious than the next.

But he was different.

He was very traditional; he only liked white jade. He couldn’t help but to touch it whenever he saw it, testing its quality.

“Personally, I think it’s definitely not a real coffin. It’s probably just a sartorial tomb[1].”

“Is a sartorial tomb not weird? How is that different from actually lying there?”

“True! Even the ugly stone statues in shabby mountain temples can get a smidge of the actual immortal’s spirit, not to mention the clothes they really wore? That’s not called a smidge of spirit, that’s basically the actual person. Chengzhu, you—”

After Ning Huaishan finished relaying his suspicions, he turned around and saw his chengzhu touching that coffin.

Ning Huaishan: “…”

Ning Huaishan: “???”

Truly abnormal.

This scene was really too unusual, and the subordinates were instantly bewildered.

It was truly difficult to determine this demon’s emotions, and some of his actions were truly beyond the realm of expectation. When he laughed, that didn’t always mean he was happy, and when he spoke warmly and softly, that didn’t always mean he was praising you.

He was really hard to serve and really hard to see through.

….

But that was Xiao Fuxuan, the Xiao Fuxuan who sealed him inside the Canglang Northern Territory. He… why was he touching that?

Ning Huaishan licked his lips: “Chengzhu, what are you doing?”

They all looked at each other, and then towards Wu Xingxue. The subordinate closest to Ning Huaishan suddenly touched his neck shiftily. He reached out a finger and wrote on Ning Huaishan’s palm:

[Don’t you think…]

He hadn’t finished writing when he heard a “ping—” sound.

Where Wu Xingxue’s fingers had brushed, black coffin nails abruptly popped out, sticking up almost an inch. Scraps of jade still clung onto the nails, and a layer of soft golden light swirled around them, like they had been unscrupulously pulled out by a violent force[2].