Chapter 10:

Xiao Fuxuan’s eyes started to darken.

He seemed to want to say “Wu Xingxue,” but because A Yao was by his side, he ultimately didn’t utter a word.

Wu Xingxue, who was standing beside the red column, looked at him. Then, after a moment, his face revealed some confusion: “?”

“Why are you looking at me like that?” asked Wu Xingxue.

Xiao Fuxuan raised his chin, pointed to the blood pool, then at A-Yao, and asked sternly, “What is going on?”

“Are you asking me?” Wu Xingxue looked down at Yi Wusheng on the ground and was silent for a moment.

He was still extremely energized and full of spirit when they were leading the devils up and down Peach Blossom Island. Now he seemed inexplicably feeble as he stood next to a pool of blood, his voice low and set against his slightly pallid skin.

Seeing this type of expression, Xiao Fuxuan frowned slightly, then blinked and slowly looked away.

Before Wu Xingxue could reply, he had already said solemnly, “Forget it.”

He reached out the unsheathed sword in his hand, then gently knocked it on A-Yao’s back.

A-Yao suddenly jerked his hand back, dropping the sword from his hand to the ground with a “clang”, rolling over. The silver tassel and pink jade pendant on the handle of the sword were soaked with blood, yet the word “Wusheng” in the middle of the jade pendant seemed to become clearer beneath the winding, bloody trails.

A-Yao stared blankly at the jade pendant, then fell onto the ground as if all his energy had suddenly been drained from him.

Xiao Fuxuan swept his robe up and half-squatted in front of Yi Wusheng. Then, he pressed the back of his finger against the center of his forehead. He was about to check his spirit when he saw the person beside the red column move.

The light cast that person into a gray silhouette. That silhouette moved over from the red column, stopped beside him, then condensed into a lump.

Xiao Fuxuan’s movements were halted. He shot a glance towards his side, only to find Wu Xingxue innocently squatting beside him. He first looked at A-Yao, who was dazed and slumped over, and then turned his head to say softly, “Xiao Fuxuan, did you notice something wrong with that lunatic just now?”

Xiao Fuxuan didn’t say a word.

‘Think’? Isn’t it obvious?”

His expression started to become indescribable.

But he didn’t say anything and only stared at Wu Xingxue, waiting for him to continue.

It turned out that the other party was also looking at him. He seemed to be waiting for a response and not planning to continue. He looked so calm as to be considered “obedient”.

“……”

Xiao Fuxuan was not moved by this.

After a moment, he moved his lips, “So what happened during the period I went to look for Yi Wuxi?”

Wu Xingxue thought for a bit, then replied, “He was originally slumped on the ground, but then he suddenly jumped up, like something shocked him awake. Then he suddenly drew Yi Wusheng’s sword and charged over here.”

Xiao Fuxuan: “Then?”

Wu Xingxue: “Then things got even weirder. In one stab, he killed Yi Wusheng.”

Sure enough, there appeared to be a single sword wound on Yi Wusheng’s body, right in the center of his heart. It seemed that one stab had ended everything, without any additional movements.