Chapter 4

Wu Xingxue squinted his eyes.

He had gotten used to lazy living; this was the first time in his life that someone had threatened the vulnerable part of his throat in such a manner.

“Are you going to kill me?” he looked at Xiao Fuxuan, saying softly.

Xiao Fuxuan’s lips moved, but he didn’t answer.

“You can’t kill me,” Wu Xingxue then said.

Xiao Fuxuan was still holding the long sword. His gaze fell from along the bridge of his tall, straight nose. After a second, he finally replied: “… why?”

His voice was very low, carrying a hint of the hoarseness that came from not having spoken in a long time.

“Because you have the wrong person.” Wu Xingxue said slowly.

He thought that Xiao Fuxuan would be shocked for a second, or at least frown. Instead, he found that the other party was still pressing him down, impassive.

Wu Xingxue was stunned for a bit, and then finally reacted: Perhaps it’s because the original owner’s crimes were too heinous and had tripped too many people, so now no one will easily believe what he says.

I’m so unfortunate[1], he thought.

“They say that you’re the Tianxiu Immortal, with such an impressive title you should be able to tell, I…” He softly said half the sentence then stopped, glancing at where his subordinates were.

Xiao Fuxuan finally spoke: “Speak, they can’t hear you.”

They can’t hear?

Wu Xingxue then realized that it had been a while since he had heard any movement from the subordinates. It was as if the blizzard had become a cover, blocking out all bystanders.

He licked his lips and said morosely: “You’ve got it wrong, I’m not him.”

“I’m not the demon of which you guys speak.”

Xiao Fuxuan was still looking at him. After a long moment, his brows slowly furrowed.

“I don’t know if that demon was always scheming, if he had lied outrageously, so you don’t want to believe me.” As he said this, he felt a bit helpless, “That’s also normal.”

He pulled at his lips and said: “But I’m really not him. I’m not even from here, if you’re like the deities from the storybooks, then you should be able to find out. At most, I’m just a tragic wandering soul, do you want to try to look?”

As he said this, he lifted his left hand, exposing the vulnerable part of his wrist.

Xiao Fuxuan watched his movement, still with no response.

Wu Xingxue thought for certain that he wouldn’t answer; he was silent for a moment, feeling like he had spoken to no avail.

Just as he was about to say ‘never mind,’ he suddenly heard Xiao Fuxuan’s deep voice ask: “Then what is your name, from where do you come?”

Wu Xingxue suddenly looked up at him and thought for a bit, saying: “That place is called Que Capital. It’s very different from here and hard to explain in a few sentences. Since you’re an immortal, you must be able to do many things, do you have a way to help me?”

Xiao Fuxuan: “I manage punishment, I can only capture and discipline people.”

Wu Xingxue: “…”

His wrist was still lifted, and after a moment of silence, he lowered it again with a clang.

It’s unclear what this behavior reminded Xiao Fuxuan of. He watched for a bit, and then suddenly withdrew his gaze and stood up, pulling out his sword.