Chapter Forty-Four: Return of an Old Friend

[Hope Peter Madden]

Hugo, Kim, Trini, Zack, Jason and I were in the Youth Center. Today is Parent's Day, and most of our parents were here.

Trini's, Billy's, Jason's, and my parents are here. Mr. Xeno was also there. We were surrounding a table where, Jason's and Trini's dad were having an arm-wrestle.

I was wearing a brown jacket, white shirt, and dark blue jeans. I stood next to Jason, his arm was wrapped around my shoulders. I was holding Buddy in my arms.

"Ow." Mr. Scott said, shaking his hand a bit. "Are you giving up, dad?" Jason asked.

"Well, my dad always believe that physical and mental strength should go hand in hand." Trini said. "It's always been a winning combinations." Mr. Kwan said. "Well, I'll say." Mr. Scott said.

"You know, Sam. I think you're getting quite old." Dad said to Mr. Scott. Mr. Xeno laughs a bit, he lightly slaps dad's chest. "Be nice." He jokingly said. "I can try." Dad jokingly said, smiling at him.

"Old?" Mr. Scott said. "How about you and me, go for a round." He challenged my dad. "Bring it on." Dad accepted. Jason and I look at each other smiling, we look at our dads. "Dad." We said. Buddy barked.

Jason look at Mr. Cranston. "So, what do you think is keeping Billy?" He asked. "Well, you know how my son is, when he's occupied with a new invention." Mr. Cranston said.

"Yeah, boring." Skull said, we looked over to him, he was holding a video recorder. He went away.

"Oh, by the way, Hugo. Where's your parents." I asked, not seeing his parents around. "My sister was sick, so they couldn't come." Hugo said, he shrugged. "I'm used to it, by now." He said, obviously hurt, but hides it very well.

After a while, the entire Youth Center suddenly shakes a bit. Ernie accidentally sat on a table, which breaks under his weight.

A cake was thrown across the room, just as Bulk brought his parents in. The cake splatted on them. "This is my good dress!" Bulk's Mother exclaimed. "Oh, hon. You've never been sweeter." Bulk's Dad said, tasting some of the frosting off his fingers.

Mrs. Hart. and her fiancé arrived. "Hi, Trini. Hi, Hope." The both of them greeted us. "Hi." Trini greeted back. "Hello." I greeted back. I handed Buddy to dad and Mr. Xeno.

"Is Kimberly here?" Mrs. Hart asked. "No, I thought she was coming with you." Trini said. "Maybe she's coming with her dad?" I suggested. "Oh, Kimberly's dad just walked in." Mrs. Hart said.

Trini and I look behind us, and saw Mr. Hart. "I wonder where she is." Mrs. Hart said. "Oh, if you're looking for Kimberly, I just saw her outside." A girl told us. "Thanks." Trini and I thanked her.

"Um, we'll go get her for you." Trini told Mrs. Hart and her fiancé. "We'll be back, shortly." I said.

Trini and I went out to find Kim.

ⒷⒺⒼⒾⓃⓃⒾⓃⒼⓈ

Trini and I saw Kim outside.

"There you are." Trini said. "We were looking for you." I said. Trini and I saw Kim's expression. "Kimberly, what's wrong?" Trini asked, we sat next to her.

"Everything is so messed up." Kim said, looking at us. "My mom and dad had hardly seen each other since... you know, since they got divorced." She said. "I don't know, sometimes I just think this is all my fault." She said.

"Kimberly, you know that's not true." Trini said. "Yeah, you can't blame yourself for that." I said. "I don't even think my dad's gonna show up." Kim said.