Chapter Seven: Big Sisters

[Hope Peter Madden]

Jason, Billy, Zack, Trini, Kim and I were at the Youth Center. Trini and Kim volunteered to be big sisters for a girl.

"Hey, Ernie. Have you seen a little girl wearing long black pigtails around here?" Kim asked. "No, Kimberly. Sorry." Ernie said. Jason and Zack were sparring. Zack was shirtless. Trini went towards Billy, "Billy, have you seen Maria?" She asked. Billy said he didn't. "We can't find her anywhere." Trini said. "Don't worry, I'm sure she's all right." Billy reassured.

Jason and Zack stopped sparring when they saw the others. "Hey girls, what's up? You look like you've just lost something." Jason said, seeing Trini and Kim's expressions. "Not something, Jason. Someone. A twelve year old girl named Maria." Kim said. Zack wipe his sweat with a towel. "Kimberly and I volunteered as big sisters for the day. She was supposed to be here half an hour ago." Trini explained.

"Faster, Hope. Faster." Terry said, he was on my shoulders. He has short brown hair and green eyes. I was wearing a beige hoodie and brown shorts. "All right, hold on." I said, I ran into the Youth Center. Terry and I laughed, as I ran around a bit, jumping over obstacles, twirling and maneuvering around people. I stopped in front of the others.

"Hey, guys." I greeted my friends. "Hey, Hope. Who's the little guy on your back?" Zack asked. "Guys, meet Terry. Say hi." I told Terry. "Hi." Terry sheepishly greeted the others. The others greeted him back. "Are you volunteering as Terry's big brother?" Trini asked me. "Well, I guess you can say that." I said.

I put Terry on the ground. "How about you go and sit at the juice bar, while I talk to my friends." I told him. "Okay." Terry said, he went towards a stool and sat there. "Ernie, juice for Terry." I called. "Coming right up." Ernie said, giving me a thumbs up.

"Where did you meet Terry?" Billy asked. "I met him when I visit the orphanage with my dad." I replied, "I saw Terry being lonely, so I thought why not let him spend some time with me." I said. "Oh, yeah. How is Mr. Madden, by the way?" Jason asked me. "He's doing good, sometime busy but we still spend some time together. You should see him again, Jason. Dad practically see you as his son and son in-law, at least that's what he told me." I said, chuckling a bit. Jason coughed a bit, "Yeah, sure. I'll visit." He said, he look at the others who were giving him teasing smiles, I was the only one oblivious to it.

"You guys seemed to be troubled, did something happen?" I asked, seeing Trini and Kim's previous worried expressions. Trini and Kim sighed, they told me about volunteering to be big sisters to a girl named Maria.

"You don't think she's in some kind of trouble, do you?" Kim asked us. "All right, ladies. Take it easy, there's no need to fear. Detective Zack is here." Zack said, laughing a bit, "Besides how much trouble could a little girl cause?" He asked. His questioned was answered, as a bunch of guys who have shampoos on their heads and towels wrapped around their waist rushed out.

Everyone in the Youth Center laughed. "Talk about a bad way to start the day." Jason said, "Who'd do a thing like that anyway?" He asked.

The six of us saw a little girl by the hot water shut-off. "Maria." Trini and Kim called.

ⒷⒺⒼⒾⓃⓃⒾⓃⒼⓈ

Jason, Billy, Zack, Terry and I were at the Youth Center. Trini, Kim and Maria went out to a picnic.

"Coming, right up." Ernie said, he brought a large bowl of ice cream in front of Zack, "Here you go, one Ernie special. Your guys' are coming out next." He told Me, Jason, Billy and Terry. "Thanks, Ernie." Zack thanked him, he starts digging into his ice cream.

"You couldn't eat that, you can't eat that. No way." Jason said to Zack. "You're gonna have a bad tummy ache." Terry told Zack, he went back to his coloring book. "A very bad tummy ache." I said, nodding in agreement.