xix. consult--cirrus (ghost b.c.)

Start from the beginning

"I...have feelings for Cirrus," you tilt your head to the side. "And I don't know what to do. I figured you'd be of some assistance."

"Ooh! Of course I could help with that!" the papa smiles. "Come, sit. We can discuss details."

It takes you a few seconds to decide it's okay to sit down. 

"Come on, I don't bite. I'll help you get bit by someone else," Terzo winks. 

You're relieved your helmet hides your blush. 

"Do you want to do something big and ornate or something simple?" 

"Something simple. I don't want this to be a big event, I just want to let her know about my feelings," you answer. 

"Okay, so a dinner date or something like that?"

"No, not necessarily a date. I just want to let her know that I'm into her."

"What if she reciprocates and asks when the date is?"

"How likely is that to happen?" you cock your head to the side. 

"I just know that you like to be prepared."

"Hm. Surprisingly astute," you nod. 

"I know," Terzo smiles proudly. "Cirrus loves the gardens and her favorite area is that old pavilion with the mosaic on the ceiling."

"The overgrown one by the pear trees?" you ask. Come to think of it, you have seen her there a few times. 

"That's it. She also loves tea, charcuterie boards, crocheting, keytar accessories, dark chocolate, uh, The Doors, that type of music," Terzo lists as you sit at the edge of your seat, listening intentionally and beginning to plan out a nice evening with Cirrus. 

"She's also definitely into you, by the way," the Papa adds.

"What?" your back straightens and your tail swishes about. 

"Yeah."

"Uhh...citation needed," you force out as your brain glitches. Cirrus...into you? It seems a bit impossible. 

"Copia told me she keeps messing up practice when she sees you walking outside. She gets flustered as hell."

Your whole body pauses as a deep blush spreads across your face. "Oh..."

"I've seen it before. It's actually really sweet," Terzo gives you a genuine smile. "She'll pause and look at you and kind of keep playing the keytar while she stares and then she just stops playing altogether. When she's feeling really emo, she'll lean her head against the window."

Your heart beats faster hearing all of this. It's hard to believe, but what if it's true? Papa III wouldn't bullshit you, right?

"I know you don't believe me, but talk to Copia. He'll tell you all about it," the Papa continues. 

"Ah," you nod, slowly rising from the chair. "Thank you, sir."

You stalk out of the office, overwhelmed with everything Terzo just told you. Cirrus, the sweetest, most loving, coolest, and most iconic woman you've ever met, is into you. You replay the conversation, reliving every moment of discomfort. Subconsciously, you begin to walk toward the gardens, pushing doors open until you reach the fresh air. The pavilion seems like a reasonable place to check, right? You follow the path through a thick line of trees that leads into open air fruit gardens with scattered pavilions. Over in the far corner by a cluster of pear trees, you see the pavilion of interest. It's hard to see if anyone is at the table in there, so you begin the trek across the garden.  

"Y/n?" you hear a familiar voice call. 

"Cirrus?" you respond, picking up your pace over to her. "Cirrus, I have something to tell you!"

"What's going on?" Cirrus asks as you sit adjacent to her at the table. 

Satanas, her voice is so gentle. 

"I...I have feelings for you, Cirrus," you blurt out. 

The ghoulette is still and speechless, but her eyes never veer from you. 

"I have feelings for you too," she hums quietly. She's a lot shyer than she usually is, and it's adorable. 

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" you offer with a newfound confidence. 

"I'd love to!" Cirrus nods. 

In a tree nearby, Terzo and Copia share a high five.

...

first ghoulette one shot!

how'd ya like it?