𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺

Start from the beginning

She had worked too hard for that.

She felt tears welling up in her eyes, so she tried to blink them away quickly.
Logically, she couldn't wipe them away with her hand, after all they were clutching the steering wheel.

But at some point they dried up and Viktoria still had to keep Burratti at bay, but the Williams driver remained stubborn.

Her maneuvers became more and more daring until, in a tight corner, she suddenly pulled inwards at the same moment as Viktoria and rammed the front tires of the Finn in the Red Bull.

Viktoria lost control of the car and slid right into the gravel.
There she was shaken violently and hit her helmet-protected head a few times.

"Vick, you okay?", Simon's voice immediately came over the radio in Viktoria's ear.
It took her a moment to pull herself together because the impact had been hard and she just felt as if her voice had been taken away.

"I'm okay, getting out now", she shortly replied in a hoarse voice and began to climb out of the car.
The Red Bull's right wing was damaged, Viktoria watched as the remaining cars raced around the corner - on the way to the finish.

Something she would not achieve today.

Anger welled up inside the Finn, who clenched her fists.
Anger at Burratti for that damn maneuver. Anger at Sebastian for loving her.
Anger at herself for allowing herself to fall for him.

"Herranjumala!", she cursed loudly and kicked a tire of her wrecked car.
Tears welled up in her eyes again and this time she didn't hold them back.

A few weeks ago everything had been fine, now her life seemed to be in pieces in front of her and she cut herself on these windows every time she tried to get her life back under control.

Suddenly the Finn felt the urge to call her father.
She longed for his voice, his soothing Finnish words, which were always the right ones.

Mika wouldn't blame her, no, her father would listen to her and say that tomorrow was a new day.
That next Sunday there was a new race in which she could fully attack.

Introverted, the Finn returned to the Red Bull garage, ignoring the encouraging looks and slaps on the back from her crew and Horner. Instead, she locked herself up in her driver's room and picked up her phone.

Viktoria didn't care that she was sitting here in a totally sweaty racing suit and with a helmet on her lap.
All she wanted now was to hear her father's voice.

With nimble fingers, she clicked on the green handset icon and waited as it dialed.

"Vivi, little one, are you okay?", was the first thing she heard.
A warm feeling spread through her when she heard her father's familiar voice.

He didn't sound concerned when he asked her if she was okay, more knowing.
Because Mika Häkkinen knew that it wasn't just because of this DNF that she felt so bad.

You could call it father instinct.

"No, I'm not okay", the Finn replied dejectedly and had to hold back the tears that came up.
Mika at the other end of the line felt a pang in his heart, it always hurt him when his little girl wasn't doing well.

"What's the matter, sweetheart?", he asked carefully, prepared for the fact that this phone call would take longer.

But of course it didn't bother the Finn - he would do anything for his daughter.
Anything.

And so they sat on the couches.
Viktoria in Korea, in her driver's room in a sweaty racing suit.
Mika in Finland, in his office chair, dressed in sweatpants and a plaid shirt.