𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Nürburgring, Nürburg, Germany

Back in the days, when Mika Häkkinen was still a formula one driver, Viktoria always accompanied him to the races in either Nürburg or Hockenheim.

Little Viktoria always found the atmosphere at the German Grand Prix's exceptional, the Germans' love for her father Mika naturally added to the feel-good factor for the Finn, who couldn't wait to finally drive her first German Grand Prix.

Or as the locals said, 'Großer Preis'

Red Bull had rented a hotel close to the Nürburgring and the Finn really liked the large half-modern, half-traditional building. But she wasn't the only one who enjoyed the current race weekend, her teammate couldn't stop grinning either.

Viktoria knew he grew up somewhere nearby and she also knew about his 'curse'.
Because Vettel had not won a single German Grand Prix, much to his regret.

The media had portrayed this series of accidents as a 'curse' and even if Sebastian didn't want to admit it, he also believed in his Germany-Curse.

However, Viktoria was sure that he would at least finish on the podium, the car was simply too strong to not to at the moment.

The Finn herself was also hoping for another podium, she had developed a taste for it at Silverstone and would give everything again this weekend to get on the winner's podium.

And it actually looked good for the Finn, who took P2 and P3 in the first two training sessions.
Her teammate struggled a bit, but it wasn't anything he wouldn't get to grips with before Saturday's Qualifying.

Over the past few months, Viktoria has been used to being in constant battles with either Ferrari or Mercedes, but this weekend Lotus was the best team behind Red Bull.
This was extremely surprising as after Kimi's win at the season opener in Australia, the Finnish World Champion's team had disappeared from the scene a bit.

Kimi had often complained to Viktoria about that, when they talked to each other in the paddock or were hiding in the toilets from a press conference.
This weekend, however, the two Finns couldn't afford to break away because they were both very popular with the German fans.

Viktoria had even made it a point to speak the German that she had learned as an optional subject at school.
German was a quite difficult language compared to Finnish, but many words were the same and Viktoria always got great praise from her German teacher when she was at school.

Therefore she was looking forward to the press conferences and interviews in a certain way, she was already familiar with the contact with the German fans too.
They were respectful, saluting all the drivers and team principals and politely asking for an autograph or a photo instead of just holding out a cell phone or pen to them.

In short, the Finn really enjoyed the days before the race weekend in Nürburg.

At the moment she was sitting between Kimi and Sofià with Fernando Alonso and Adrian Sutil at the press conference before Qualifying in the afternoon.
Most of the questions were directed at Fernando, who was asked how he was dealing with being in the title fight with Sebastian Vettel.

Ultimately, Viktoria didn't have to listen at all and her thoughts drifted off to Q1, as she went over the track again in her head.

"A question for Viktoria", the voice of an RTL reporter finally tore the Finn out of her thoughts.
She straightened her position and blinked briefly as she scanned the room to spot the reporter in the crowd.