𝘴𝘪𝘹

Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir, Bahrain

"Alright Viktoria, we gotta do an interview with SkySports before you can go into your garage", Meredith looked at her protégé from the side and at the same time pointed to the SkySports stand with her right hand.

Natalie Pinkham was already waiting there for the Finn, who silently accepted her fate. Together with Meredith, she stopped in front of the reporters and immediately got the microphone held under her nose.

In order to not appear quite so grumpy, Viktoria even pushed up her sunglasses and put on her friendliest smile.
Even if she didn't feel like smiling at all.

Firstly, this media work annoyed her, which she wouldn't do at all if it weren't subject to such high fines, and secondly, the Finn in Bahrain was much too hot.

Another thing she would rather do now is double check the car herself.
Instead, she was now standing in front of Natalie Pinkham, with Meredith next to her, who would be recording the conversation on her recorder, and in front of her, the SkySports camera filming Viktoria.

"First of all, hello to you Viktoria, how has your day been?", the reporter asked politely as usual, so Viktoria tried to answer her with the same politeness.

"My day was quite good, thank you. How are you?", the Finn asked the exemplary counter-question and saw an appreciative look from her PR manager out of the corner of her eye.

"I'm fine, thank you. Now let's get down to business", Viktoria frowned a bit, hoping Pinkham wouldn't pester her about the Malaysia thing.

Viktoria would prefer it if the reporter dealt with her DNF in China.
But her question was a completely different one that neither Viktoria nor Meredith had expected.

"How is the relationship with your teammate, Sebastian Vettel? Since the incident in Malaysia the mood within Red Bull seems to be down", Viktoria got nervous and didn't know what to say at first.

Behind her back, she clenched her fists, feeling her fingernails digging into her skin. Meredith also stiffened next to her, but she couldn't help Viktoria.

Any denial of the question would only confirm the rumors that Viktoria didn't like Vettel, to put it nicely.

"Malaysia was hard for me, of course. But we left it in the past and are now fully focusing on the next races, as we'll do anything to keep Ferrari and McLaren behind us", her English must sound pretty bad now, because the words were thrown together pretty quickly.

Nonetheless, Viktoria felt she had mastered the task well and Pinkham seemed to swallow it too.

Meredith next to the Finn exhaled almost imperceptibly, causing Viktoria to internally roll her eyes.

Sometimes it seemed to her as if her PR manager thought that Viktoria had no media training at all.

As if she'd say how mad she was at her teammate on camera.
The Finn wasn't that stupid.

"And how do you see the race here in Bahrain?", the reporter asked the next question, whereupon Viktoria shrugged.

"I have to try to get a front position in Qualifying again and then hold onto that position in the race. Or climb up further",  the Finn explained to her like a primary school teacher.

Pinkham just nodded and then motioned for her cameraman to stop the video recording.

"Alright, that's everything. Thank you for your time, Viktoria and good luck", the reporter said goodbye to the Finn and before Viktoria knew it, the microphone under her nose had already disappeared.