𝘵𝘸𝘰

Circuito de Jerez, Jerez, Spain

Sighing, Viktoria got out of her very first Formula 1 car.
The Finn slipped the gloves off her fingers lightly and put them in the side pockets of her racing suit.

It was Monday morning and Viktoria had just completed her very first test for Red Bull in the new season car.
And it had sucked.

The car was great, no question about it, but the Finn had trouble coping with it.
The worst thing about it was that she didn't know why that was.

No matter what Simon told her to do differently, it didn't help.
After half an hour her race engineer finally called her back to the pits claiming that she was probably just having a bad day or being nervous.

If he was right, she hoped that tomorrow would be a less bad day and that she wouldn't be so nervous.

Because Red Bull had put the tests of their two drivers in double shifts, which meant that Viktoria tested the first two days and Vettel the other two.

Viktoria didn't talk to him much.
A few weeks ago, while she was doing all the media stuff at headquarters with the help of her PR Manager Meredith, she also had to do some videos and photoshoots with her teammate.

Actually not a big deal, at first he seemed like a very nice guy.
However, he constantly tried to flirt with her.

Meredith explained that Vettel's favorite pastime was flirting with everyone here and there.

But the three-time world champion kept making eyes at Viktoria, so the Finn quickly decided to limit her communication with him to the extreme.

After all, she had better things to do than flirt with her teammate.
She was in Formula 1 and a woman at the same time, so she couldn't afford to make any mistakes.

Mistakes like flirting with her teammate or mistakes like this one in today's testing.
Frustrated, the Finn took off her newly designed helmet and with it the white balaclava.

She caught a couple of encouraging slaps on the back before dropping into her chair with a Red Bull drink.
You couldn't start your Formula 1 career any worse, could you?

The longer Viktoria watched Simon and the strategists analyzing and evaluating their test, the more she wanted to bury herself.
She would also have preferred to vanish into thin air from now on as her team principal Christian Horner briskly stride towards her.

The Finn knew that he had been watching the test with eagle eyes and thus also witnessed the bottomless performance of his young driver.

Viktoria just wanted to vanish into thin air, because no matter how nice Horner seemed, his words carried weight.

The team principal was under a lot of pressure and so was his entire team, but Viktoria had the feeling that his drivers had suffered a lot in recent years.

Without waiting for an invitation from Viktoria to sit down, Horner sat down next to her and folded his hands in his lap as if she had completely dumped the car in the gravel. But she didn't.

She just drove like shit.

"I know you're a rookie, viktoria", well that started well.
Viktoria noticed how the team principal seemed to be considering what to say.

He probably didn't want to put his foot in it and upset Viktoria, but she was used to hearing the full and honest opinion.
In this industry, that was just part of it.

"But we signed you to score points for red bull and i think you're able to do that, despite being so young", he went on and now he looked directly at his driver.
She had known from the start what she was getting into with Red Bull.