𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺

Triggerwarning: mentions of death

---------------

Korean International Circuit, Korea

Concentrated, Viktoria drove around the corners, always pressing the gas pedal at the right moment.
Fernando Alonso's Ferrari and Valentina Burratti's Williams hung from their tire ends.

The Finn tried to keep the other drivers at a distance from herself on the track in Korea. The weather here was not ideal, Viktoria felt that she would soon need a pitstop for a tire change.

But now the first thing to do was get rid of Alonso and Burratti.
The Red Bull wobbled and vibrated, the Finn already knew that her neck would hurt badly tomorrow.

But she needed another race after her DNF in Signapore where she made it across the finish line in the points.
It was important because the season was coming to an end and she needed good results to keep Horner and Dr.Marko pleased.

Because at Red Bull Racing there was only one way: win or go.

When the Finn looked in her small side mirror the next time, she only recognized the blue livery of the Williams.
The Ferrari must have pulled into the pits to change tires just as they had passed them.

After all, it was now only Burratti who was after her, Viktoria thought to herself and took the next bend.
But Burratti didn't give up, the Finn felt that her competitor really wanted to pass her.

Whether it was because of the good position or because Valentina didn't like Viktoria was an open question.

The Italian was a nice woman, at least that's what Esme and Phoebe always said.
Also Sofià and Kimi.

But Burratti always behaved strangely towards Viktoria, didn't speak to her much and attacked her mercilessly on track.

A high point of their 'enmity' was when Valentina remarked in an interview for Sky that she should have been given the seat in the Red Bull alongside Vettel.

But in the end, Horner, Dr.Marko and Mateschitz decided in favor of Viktoria, who, unlike Burratti, had won Formula 2 and Formula 3 and, according to statisticians, was more talented than the Italian.

Her teammate also stood up to protect Viktoria at the time and, after being asked about the situation, said that Viktoria was definitely a better teammate than Burratti.

The Finn sighed inwardly as she blocked the Italian's overtaking manoeuvre.
At that time everything had been fine between her and Sebastian.

Now they didn't speak anymore, only the bare essentials and the bare essentials were discussed as briefly as possible.

Viktoria knew it was her fault - after all, she had left him in the hotel room and said there was no future between them.
But that's how it was - because if Sebastian and she became a couple, Viktoria would lose her cockpit at Red Bull.

Horner wanted private life and work life to be strictly separated, so there was no place for a romantic relationship between his two drivers.

What's more, the Brit certainly wouldn't kick out the reigning world champion, who was about to become world champion again this season.
Therefore, the Finn would lose her seat at the Red Bull, no doubt.

And all because she loved a man.
No, she didn't want to do that.

Of course it hurt her, but she had sacrificed so much for Formula 1 - she didn't have the heart to risk it all and very likely lose.