𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Nürburg, Germany

Viktoria locked the door to her Drivers Room and narrowed her eyes for a moment.
She had been holding her breath all the way to her room and now ran her fingers through her hair behind closed doors.

What the fuck just happened?

Did she just agree to meet her teammate for a walk through Nürburg?
And smiled as broadly like a stupid teenager in love?

"Herranjumala", she said incredulously, rubbing her face briefly before looking at her watch.
It showed that it was already half past seven in the evening, so Viktoria now had to hurry. (ʜᴇʀʀᴀɴᴊᴜᴍᴀʟᴀ = ᴏʜ ᴍʏ ɢᴏᴅ)

The Finn got down to getting rid of her sweaty racing suit and then jumped into the shower.

She then blow-dried her hair and tied it in a high ponytail, changed into the Red Bull clothes she wore before the race today and was finally about to make her way back to the beautiful hotel that her team had selected and booked for the Grand Prix of Germany.

She locked the door to her drivers room again and left it, as well as the Red Bull garage, until she was in the Paddock.

She caught a glimpse of Simon and three other mechanics from her team and wished them a nice evening, when suddenly someone tapped her on the shoulder.

Startled, Viktoria put a hand on her heart and turned around only to see Valtteri standing in front of her.

"Hei, Vick", the Finn said shyly, nervously fiddling with the bracelet on his left wrist.

"Hei, Vali. What's up?", Viktoria smiled friendly, but actually she was in a hurry.
She still had to change clothes because she couldn't go for a walk with Sebastian in Red Bull attire.

She grimaced briefly - it felt weird to suddenly be thinking and feeling like this when the only emotion she'd felt for her teammate before was hate.

Now, she felt something different.
No hatred anymore, the Finn knew that much at least.

"Me and the others are going to this club, a bit further away from Nürburg. Do you want to join me?", Valtteri had some problems pronouncing the word 'Nürburg', Viktoria noticed that more than the actual question.

But when she realized that Valtteri had invited her to a night out, she shook her head maybe a little too hard.
All she was thinking about right now was this meeting with her teammate, who wasn't a sexist bastard after all.

"I'm pretty exhausted from the Grand Prix, I just want to go to bed. But thank you, Vali. Have fun though", with this pretty good lie she kissed the older Finn on the cheek and disappeared to her car.

Valtteri, devastated by Viktoria's renewed refusal, felt his cheeks heat up and in a way burning too, the beautiful feeling against his skin making up for the refusal.
But while the blond Finn interpreted far too much into it, for Viktoria it was nothing but a normal gesture between friends.

It was now important for Viktoria to come to the hotel.

Because it was already eight o'clock and at nine o'clock she would meet Sebastian, quietly and secretly.