- 40 -

TIMESKIP 1 MONTH...

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

"Your total is 10,000 won."

The recent graduate smiled as she gave the customer their change, "thank you, come again."

Seeing that there was no one else waiting in line, Yujin pulled out a book from the shelf under the counter, leaning against the smooth surface as she began to read.

The pages were slowly getting worn from how much the puppy had flipped through them, marked up with notes, highlights, and post-it notes in every other page...

"Hey kid, what are you reading?"

Yujin glanced up to see an older coworker walk up to her, mop in hand from cleaning the floors.

"Ah- I'm studying music theory for college."

"Aren't you on summer break right now? And I don't think you've ever told me which college you got into."

The puppy spoke as her coworker skimmed through the material, "well, I'm taking a gap year since I... changed my mind, on the colleges I applied for during school... I'm just studying early to prepare for it."

The older woman nodded, knowing not to ask more in depth on why she changed her mind by looking deep into the younger girl's eyes.

She gently squeezed Yujin's hand after handing her back the book, "you got this kid, you have amazing potential. Don't waste your youth like I did."

The coworker went back to work, the former athlete staring at the back of the woman's head before letting up a small smile.

"I won't..."

A few customers came by here and there, it was a rather slow day considering it was Sunday, which made it easier for the girl to study during her part-time job.

The bell signalling the front door opening rang, Yujin looking up to greet the person.

"Welc- Oh Wonyoung! Hello~"

Yujin flashed an eye-smile at the tall girl that walked in, only for her smile to fade as Wonyoung walked up to the cash register.

"Hi unnie..."

"Wonyo? What's wrong?"

The bunny twiddled her thumbs, unable to meet the puppy's eyes as she bounced between her toes and her heels.

Yujin looked around, meeting her co-worker's eyes who stopped to see what was wrong.

"Can I start my break early?"

"Ah go ahead, there's not a lot of people anyways."

Yujin thanked the older woman as she placed her book under the counter, gently grabbing Wonyoung's hand before leading her out of the convenience store.

The younger girl followed without a word, the two sitting down on the curb where there weren't any parked cars.

From the looks of it, Wonyoung hadn't been crying, but the bags beneath her eyes had signalled she hadn't been sleeping well either.

"Wonnie...?"

The bunny slowly fell sideways to have her head rest on the puppy's shoulder.

"My dad has to leave..."

"Did he hurt you?"

Wonyoung shook her head, "my parents lost their love for each other a long time ago... Now it's in paper."

'Oh...'

"So I might not see my dad that much... I don't know yet..."

Yujin brought an arm around Wonyoung's shoulders, "do you want to?"

"Yeah... He's not moving that far either."

"Well, you should talk to your mom about it later. He's still your dad after all, whatever the case."

Yujin scratched Wonyoung's head as the younger girl pulled closer to hug the older around the side, "did you find out today?"

"I've known for a while... But they officially told me about it today, saying that it's for the better. And they asked me what I thought and all of that..."

Wonyoung hugged Yujin tighter, burying her face deeper into her neck, "I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. I just needed to tell someone..."

Yujin returned the side hug, rubbing Wonyoung's head gently, "how do you feel?"

"I... don't know... I don't know if I just won't feel it, or if it's all going to come to me later."

"Well, if it comes to you later, call me, or visit me if I'm at work."

"Thanks Yujin-unnie... Sorry for pulling you out of work."

The older girl placed a kiss on the girl's forehead as a sign of reassurance, "don't worry about it, I'll always be there for my Wonnie."

Wonyoung giggled as the two pulled away, the two gazing into each other's eyes for a moment before Yujin swooped in.

The bunny startled as the puppy swiftly landed a kiss on her lips, breaking out into a mess of blushes as Yujin stood up.

The older girl helped the younger one up with a smile, "when we go back inside the store, pick any food you want, I'll pay for it."

"What? No no it's okay un-"

"No saying no, my treat for my very beautiful girlfriend."

Wonyoung turned redder than she already was from the quick kiss, one hand covering her flustered face while the other was held by Yujin as they walked back into the store...

~ ~ ~

In another city in Korea, a recently graduated college student sat at the edge of an outdoor table. Her feet dangled off the edge, a lollipop in her mouth as she stared off into the horizon.

"Hyewon-ah?"

The said woman glanced over, grinning as a special someone walked over to her.

"Yeah, Eunbi-unnie?"

Eunbi leaned next to her against the table, "what are you gonna do?"

"Uhhh well right now I'm finishing this piece of candy."

The older woman chuckled, "I meant after summer is over and your school's dorms close."

To that, the photographer grew silent...

Eunbi looked over to see that Hyewon was thinking, her eyebrows furrowed as she held the thin candy stick in her hand.

"Are you going back to your parents?"

The younger woman sighed, looking away, "I don't want to, I love em and all but... They already have it hard enough without a daughter to take care of, it'd be easier for them if I moved out."

"Well..."

Hyewon looked back as Eunbi shrugged, "I don't have a really big apartment but... You can stay with me if you'd like? From what I remember it's still rather close to where you work as well."

The photographer's eyes brightened, "really?"

Eunbi nodded, "yeah of course, I wouldn't want you to be homeless or anything."

Hyewon grinned, "I'll talk to my parents about it. I'm sure they'll say yes since they know you but, you know."

With another nod, Eunbi smiled, "yeah I understand, let me know okay?"

Hyewon jumped off the table, tossing the finished lollipop in the trashcan nearby, "well then, ready to go? Where do you want to go?"

The older woman chuckled, seeing that the photographer's mood had lifted tenfold, "wherever you want..."