Revenge

"Has Jade got her favourite blanket? Has Mati got the right bottle?"

"Oh for god sake Sayd. I'm their mother not you, they'll be fine now go race!" Ellie pushes me along with Lewis out of his own house with her foot whilst holding the two girls.

It was three days before the race in Brazil and the girls were already 3 weeks old. I obviously stayed with them for the whole three weeks not wanting to leave them alone.

I stare longingly at the two babies until the door gets shut in my face and our car rolls up from the long driveway to pick me and Lewis up. Once it's a few metres away the back car window winds down.

Oh how I've missed his annoyed 24/7 face.

"Hamilton." Wolff says with a deadpanned face, "Brando."

Which his first interaction makes us fall silent. Eerily silent.

"Awkward." Hamilton jokes through gritted teeth, trying to force a smile. He then starts walking up towards the car and I follow in tow - he gets into the front seat and I walk around to get to the side.

I shut my door with a bang and wince as I hear the tut from my boss. Before I even apologise were soon carted off making our way to the airport with two security cars behind and in-front of us.

"Here. I don't know if you've heard." Toto chucks me a magazine which I waste no time in reading the front page.

I felt my heart sink.

He's really done it this time.

The newspaper reads:

Leclerc goes back to old times. The formula 1 driver was spotted with his ex - now turned girlfriend - Lucia DeMarcus last Friday, strolling down the streets of New York.

An insider tells us they have been back together for around three weeks.

Maybe this is really the end of Charles and Sadie's fling?

Has Sadie moved on too? Back to Lando?

I groan out loud as I see a photo of the two snogging in a crowded Times Square.

Maybe I have been worrying about tiny and big so much that I haven't even paid attention to what's been happening around me.

Maybe that wasn't such a bad thing. But my blood is boiling right now and I have to get out the car in-front of the media in ...

I glance at my silver watch.

37 minutes.

"Fuck" I whisper trying to make sure no one could here.

"Fuck indeed." Wolff says.

Ah shit he heard me.

"On Sunday I want you to thrash Leclerc you hear me." He leans in more, "I know I say it's about just racing but sometimes it can about personal matters. I'll let this one slide."

My mouth opens wide. Did he really just tell me to make racing personal?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are cameras always this bright?

I stagger out of the Mercedes with Sean and Jack either side of me trying to part through the crowd of media. I hear Lewis behind me letting the people know the good news over my best friends babies being born.

"Yeah their names are Jade and Matilda."

"No she is not dead."

"The babies had little to no complications."

I laugh at the second response he made. Who came up with the stupid story - Ellie was dead?

We managed to get through into the airport and I soon circled back round to Lewis.

"Who died?" I smirked at him.

"My girlfriend apparently." He laughs back as we walk to our terminal.

"What's it like knowing your ex cut all contact from you for another woman?" A member from the press shouts down the hallway which earned a angry look from me - before he too was pushed back outside.

"Just ignore them Brando. Remember rest and heal." Wolff says from behind me and I turned back to give him a small smile. Hamilton slings his arms around my shoulders keeping me reassured.

"I've got your back remember. Always."

And them words seemed to get me through our flight which felt like it took forever. The entire time I was sat looking out the window as Lewis was looking at his phone every 5 minutes to see if his girlfriend had messaged.

Does he know his phone is on Aeroplane mode?

But I digress, not wanting to worry him even more.

Now I can just sit and wait.

Wait for the race to come.
And revenge on Charles