Kicks

It's just turned 10, me and Ellie have finished watching the first movie of mean girls. It's been our favourite since we was little kids. We'd watch it every Friday after school without a doubt. I turn to look over at Ellie and she was already knocked out. We had put our double mattress on the floor and she was near enough now sleeping on the hard wood floor. I suppose I can't blame her for crashing out, she has two babies in her stomach. I'm sure that takes it out of her. The credits are still appearing on the screen so I reach over her and take the remote gently out of her grip. I then flick back to the normal tv. No shows are actually worth while these days. So I decided to put up with the news. See what the press have to say about other peoples private lives.

My fucking face. Was staring right back at me. It's been 4 days for God sake. Do these people need a year to get over this? Seriously!

And there it is, the famous words again "formula love?" Which is then closely followed with the reporter saying, "Leclerc is definitely not Brando's Formula Love." I roll my eyes and sigh aloud to myself. I hear someone sit up from behind me, I'd obviously woke Ellie up. Whoops.

"So Sayd. Is Charles a good kisser." She grins at me as I turn to her, she wiggles her eyebrows and makes a kissy face to make me even more embarrassed. "Shut up you bitch." I joke and push her gently so she has to lean back agains the sofa. "Seriously though, he's a moron. I say you jump him."

"El you do come up with some stupid things." I laugh shaking my head. I definitely could've done more than smacked him, but something said not too. But I'm pretty sure that's just about my reputation and the millions of people that were watching. My phone starts ringing as it laid somewhere on the sofa. I groan as I reach my arm out searching for it, I couldn't even be bothered to turn around. It's someone ringing at 10pm, it's obviously not going to be that important. I soon manage to grab my phone after a few seconds and answer it just before it stops ringing. I don't even bother to see the caller ID.

"Hey Sadie it's Toto Wolf here." He says in his Austrian accent. I was quite literally gobsmacked. He doesn't usually call me, ever. "Oh hey boss what's up?"

"Look you need to come up to the base. There's an urgent meeting that needs to be had." He asks sternly and eagerly. The base is up in Northamptonshire quite a trek from London.

"Oh yeah of course. When?" I ask

"Tomorrow 2pm." He announces and the slams the phone down as the line goes silent. I let out possibly the most horrible groan that has ever existed. Ellis is sat on the mattress seeming desperate to know what the boss had asked.

"Boss wants me to fucking go to the base tomorrow. I couldn't have said no. Fuck sake." I lay and muffle my sentence into the pillow, pretending to fake cry. Her hand rest on my hair playing with it gently, "I bet it's just about new alterations they'll make. Nothing special." I turn around to lay on my back and her hand then changes to plait the front of my hair. I suppose she's right. It's not incredibly far I can probably get there in an hour or two.

"Fancy coming with me?"

"Nothing better to do. My professor has let me have the rest of the week off. Now that I'm pregnant they only let me come in like 2/3 days a week. Considering I'm a A star student anyway-"

I tut at her remark she made about herself and nudge her. She's always been so smart, that's probably why she didn't drop out of uni after the first month unlike me. And besides I was already in training to be a F1 driver. "My bestie is so smart." I scream and kiss her on the forehead, pulling her in for a hug.

She suddenly gasps and I let go. I thought I'd pulled her in too hard. "I'm so sorry are you-"

"Shut up Sadie it's not you." She shouts quite sharply. She brings her hands down to rest on her stomach and her eyes light up and her smile stretches all the way across her face. She grabs my hand and places it where hers was. It's like something was kicking my hand away, or should
I say someone. Someones?

I was in awe, "Should you be able to feel them this early?"

"I have no idea Sayd. My babies are just quick growers."

"They'll play for the NBA one day." I say relating to basketball. She laughs and smacks me on the arm and then pulls me in for a big hug. I whisper so she could hear me and hopefully they could too, "I bet you can't wait to meet your beautiful mum and auntie Sadie soon girls." It's like they heard me as I felt another two kicks. We just sit there our hands on Ellie's belly waiting for the powerful kicks of her little twin girls.