Relieved

It's 7pm sharp and I'm sat at a small table overlooking the River Thames, waiting for pain-in-the-arse's brother. I followed the location he sent me and I'd made it all the way here - to a small fancy pub that only had 6 people currently seated.

I stared off into the cold October night sky contemplating everything you could ever imagine.

A lot happened this year and I mean a lot. It was my first year racing and it turned out to be one of the worst years of my life. But I cannot fault the little glimmers of happiness from this year.

My best friend of forever is having twin girls, I'm literally going to be an auntie in 2 weeks!

I realised I was pulling a shocked face accidentally towards the waiter so I moved my focus back onto the River. For God sake Sadie!

But then there was other events that happened. My brother passing away being one of them. Not to mention my abusive ex boyfriend and my current boyfriend not wanting to see me.

Life is great right now! Ignore the sarcasm.

And on top of all that I don't know what's happening between me and-

I stop dead in my thoughts as I hear a French accent. One that sounded exactly like Charles.

I completely forgot who I'm meeting in that moment and jump up to my feet, turning to face the French man. Who I hoped to be-

Oh.

I stand there with my arms open wide. My mouth hung open in surprise and a lot of disappointment and sadness washed over me.

"Thought u was Charles for a second." I break the silence. And bring Arthur in for a hug, it was a very light hug to avoid comfort or I'd start bawling my eyes out in-front of the whole pub.

"Nope sorry to burst your bubble. But I am the better looking version of the Leclerc brothers." Charles' brother let's go of me and jokes. He could tell I was a bit upset so in my head I thanked him for not making it awkward.

"Shall we?" He says to me as he holds my chair out. I thank him and sit back down. As soon as he's perched in his chair opposite me the waitress runs over to us with her flirty voice, "Hey there, Arthur right?" She smirks.

"Yep that is me."

Well ... this is awkward.

I'm now watching an episode of who wants to break the silence first. And neither one of them seemingly wants to. The waitress obviously doesn't because she's so mesmerised by him and Arthur seems rather weirded out.

"Hey yeah could I get a gin and tonic." I take the liberty of breaking the silence. They both flash their eyes at me.

Arthur - relieved.
The flirty waitress- unrelieved.

"Yeah." She says to me fakely with an even faker smile. "And for you." She turned back to him glistening her pearly-whites at him.

"Beer."

She nods and walks off, giving me one last side glance to show how annoyed she was that I interrupted... whatever that was.

"Sooo?" I start not even wanting to waste another minute. At first he stared at me with a confused look, "about your brother?"

"OHHH. Yeah, basically believe it or not - he did it to protect you." Arthur announces as his beer was put on the table by another waiter and he picked it up in a split second - starting to down it.

"Huh?" I reply not understanding where he was coming from.

What could I possibly need protecting from?