Chapter 9

Mia's POV

"Andy stop jumping around, its not a big deal" he's been jumping and screaming for almost an hour.

"I can't , this is important, your finally happy for the first time and it's because of me" he grabs my shoulders and shakes me.

"Okay, okay, you can stop now" I let out a soft chuckle.

He falls to the ground of how tired he is.

"I've been wiling to ask you this, where's your dad?" He asks.

I stayed silent for a while and it was getting too awkward, Andy was about to say something but i interrupted him. He should know.

"He killed himself. He died when I was ten years old. He was fed up with his life and mom made him miserable everyday and she cheated on him several times. She was always an alcoholic that's why they got a divorce, but even with the divorce, she still made him feel like shit, she wanted everything he had, so he's had enough and just shot himself" the tears are coming back again.

**FLASHBACK...**

I was in my bedroom sitting there drawing when i started to hear shouts and swears coming from downstairs.

"I am not leaving this house until i get my daughter back. I am not letting her be miserable living with you like you did to me" it was my dad shouting.

"You are not taking away the only thing that i have left" I hear a bottle smash.

" You took everything away from me! You took this house and all my belongings what more?! You know what? I'm calling the cops on you and you will be arrested and sent to rehab, you need it just please, i need her to grow up happy and mature unlike you" he was almost in tears.

"get out!" i hear another bottle smash.

I sit on my bed quite scared when i hear the door creek open.

"darling, it's me, I'm going to miss you so much and i just want you to know that when I'm gone, I want you to know that I'm in here" he points to my heart. "I want you to promise me that when you turn thirteen years old, you will read this" he hands me a letter. "I want you to grow up to be a strong woman who is not afraid of anything, I love you so much sweetie" he kisses my forehead and leaves my bedroom for the very last time.

**END OF FLASHBACK...**

"I'm so sorry, but didn't he leave you like a note or something?" He asks.

"Yes, he did, he left me a note saying that he's sorry and that he didn't want to leave me, I really miss him you know, he's the one who backed me up when my mom would be acting like a bitch, he's the one person that actually loved me and wanted me, it's all my fault I disappointed him, I didn't turn out to be what he wanted me to become" I can't keep the tears any longer and before i know it, I burst into tears.

Andy rushes over to me. "it's alright, he's in a better place now, don't worry, i know it. I want you to know that I've got your back and i'll protect you no matter what" he comforts me. "I love you" he blurts out.

"What?"