17. Change

Note: Not proofread.

———————————————

He walked into the poolside after informing them about the fire accident. He wanted to take Khushi with him. He didn't want to leave her here alone. He isn't sure how many days it'd take him there. Before he decided on taking her, he needed to know if she is allowed to travel. He isn't sure if she was allowed. He was worried about her health. Calling the doctor, he greeted on the phone, "It's Arnav Singh Raizada here."

"Yeah, Mr. Raizada? Is Mrs. Raizada fine?" the man asked him in return, assuming Mr. Arnav would only call when it's about his wife as he said he'd do if his wife doesn't feel good at any point in time.

Arnav bites his lip before asking, pacing around the poolside, "Huh. Can Mrs. Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada travel to Mumbai in this condition?"

"No, Mr. Raizada, Mrs. Khushi cannot travel, at least for a week," he denied the travel, straightly without beating around the bush. His patient needs at least a week's rest before she could travel. Hers was a 3rd stage head concession after all.

"Hmm. Thank you!" Arnav cut the call. He somewhere expected it which is why he feared leaving her alone here.

Even the doctor gave him the red signal.

He jumped into thinking of his next course of action as he walked into the room. He just cannot leave her in the mansion. He's sure somebody would take advantage of his absence and manipulate her into their words. His innocently foolish wife with her selfless nature would accept their words coming into their trap. He doesn't understand when his wife would be back to her feisty self. He might need to push her. Until then, she shouldn't come into anyone's trap. He doesn't want that. Deciding on the final thought he had in his mind, he implored, walking towards the cupboard, "Khushi, get ready. Wear something soft. I'll pack our bags."

Khushi who was praying to her Devimayya about the unfortunate fire accident, shook her head in denial, treading towards the cupboard too, "I'll pack, Arnav-ji. You go and freshen up, I-'' her words were cut off by her husband who glared at her. If he was fire, she'd have burned down to ashes with such intensity.

He managed to utter, "Go." Not before pushing his clothes aside and taking out a soft rose-red saree for her comfort.

She took her husband's choice in her hands and walked into the washroom, muttering nonchalantly under her breath all her way, to change quickly. She'd need to help her husband in packing too. She wouldn't let him do it alone.

As if he'd let her do things that would or wouldn't stress.

"But Nannav, Khushi-ji can't travel. Did you forget she had a concession?" NK questioned after Khushi went into the washroom.

Arnav breathed in, packing his clothes in a separate bag along with his Khushi's in another bag. "I remember, NK. She isn't coming with me. She'll stay in Gupta House until I come back. Some of my bodyguards will guard her."

"That's a good idea, Nannav. But what if Khushi-ji tries to come here?" NK raised another question.

Arnav smirked a little, "She wouldn't be able to."

He was done with the packing. His and Khushi's, both. He made sure he packed everything for his wife. All of them are just her nightwear. Nothing that would suit for her to take a step outside the house.

NK was confused at his answer and the smirk, nonetheless, stayed silent, knowing he must have planned something for that too.

By the time Khushi came out of the washroom, Arnav was sitting on his bed with NK nowhere to be seen. He looked at his wife mesmerized in a red rose saree that suited her just so perfectly as if that was just made for her.