12. Truth

Raizada Mansion,

NK had dropped Payal in the hospital after having their breakfast in silence. Manorama and Anjali didn't come out of the room after that neither did any one of them bother to check on the duo.

They were being plain dramatic and more idiotic! Nothing more. And that's what Manohar had thought before going to the office.

It's been an hour since Payal had left for the hospital. Akash and Payal can come anytime with Arnav and Khushi to the home. Devyani is sitting in the hall waiting for their welcome. Anjali is too busy consoling Manorama in her room.

The doorbell rang and HP had come forward to open the door before Devyani can. Devyani walked behind HP, getting the aarthi thaali she had prepared.

"How are you, Arnav Bhaiya, Khushi Bhabi?" the ever so loyal HP beamed in happiness looking at Arnav Bhaiya with their ever-sweet Khushi Bhabi.

Payal, Akash, and NK had stood behind the couple, all smiling. Finally, Arnav and Khushi are back at the home. 

Khushi was all the while grinning from ear to ear, in the happiness of leaving the boring hospital which is always silent — completely opposite to her. That's why she hated hospitals and curving her lips more looking at her home said, "We're good, HP ji. How are you?"

Even if it was for a day, she missed her home and well, that's why she is Khushi. Isn't she?

"I'm fine too, Khushi Bhabi," he answered making a way for Devyani who stood in front of them with aarthi thaali.

Khushi smiled at Devyani asking, "How are you, Nani? Where are Di and Mami?"

At her question, Akash, NK, and Payal rolled their eyes while Arnav had the same expressions as his wife but he soon comes out of his thoughts, concentrating back on his wife.

She roamed her eyes around at their presence and frowned a little on not finding them. Where are they? Aren't they going to welcome her and Arnav-ji?

Before she could think before Devyani interrupted them, "They'll come soon, bitiya. For now, let me take aarthi of you!"

"Not again, Nani. We're just coming from the hospital. We didn't marry again for you to welcome us this way," he sighed, his hands still on his wife's waist as he protested.

"Shut up, Chotte! Let me do this," Devyani chides her grandson and circles the plate around their faces a few times, and to cast them off the evil eye, she also circles with mirchi and salt around their faces a few more times.

"Spit a little on it," Devyani instructs and Khushi without a movement does that, "Tu tu!"

Arnav was bewildered and looked at both the women as if they were grown horns, "what are you waiting for, Chotte?"

"I'm not doing this business! Let me enter," he dismisses it and was about to enter when he heard his Nani reprimand him and Khushi at the same time slapped him on his arm.

"Arnav-ji, it's not good to leave like that. Aapko sirf tu tu karna hai. Kariye!" she demands dragging him back before he could enter the home.

(Arnav-ji, it's not good to leave like that. You have to just spit. Do it now!)

"Khushi," he was about to open his mouth and deny when she glared at him. Arnav doesn't have any other option than doing what they wanted to do and so he does tu tu in his wife's language.

Devyani lets them in and goes out to ward the evil out of their house. HP brings them water to drink and they settle on the sofa.

"HP ji, what did you make for lunch?" Payal asked.