13. A New Face

"Arnav-ji," Khushi mumbled in her sleep, and Arnav who was seething in anger tried to calm down and walked towards the french door. It's time for his wife to have lunch. She should take medicines and rest again. On-time.

He entered the room and looked at Khushi who was still mumbling in her sleep. He immediately walked over to the bed, sat on the side, besides her, and caressed her cheek, "Khushi?"

"Tss," Khushi whimpered turning in her sleep and Arnav adjusted her head against the soft pillow again. With her turning and twisting, she misplaced her head to the side. He knows her habit of moving in sleep. Her weird taekwondo poses — sometimes kicking the bedsheet which would be engulfing her or sometimes kicking him who would have been engulfing her. He doesn't know how she'd be gentle while sleeping for a few more weeks. It's for her own good if she doesn't act on her martial arts in sleep or else he'd have to hug her and keep her in the place all night. No, he wasn't complaining. He'd be glad to do that every night.

He doesn't understand how she managed to sleep straight on the hospital bed!

Well, she's under sedatives mostly. That could be the reason.

He pats her cheek again, trying to wake her up, "Khushi, wake up!"

"Nooo," she mumbles, snorting, and sleeps more comfortably taking warmth from his palms as she leans her cheek more towards his palm.

"You've to eat and have medicines, Khushi. Come on, get up," he moves the fringes away from his other hand and pats her other cheek, letting her take the warmth from his other palm.

"Hmm..no," she mumbled, removing his other hand from her cheek and sleeping again, not caring about her husband's calls.

"Khushi," he whispered again but it was of no use. His wife is too busy sleeping, he removed his hands from her cheek and looked for a glass of water.

Having found one just beside the bed, he took it in his hand and dipped his two fingers into the glass, and sprinted a little on his wife's face who frowned in her sleep and slept again.

He sighed at his wife and sprinted a little more than before now. Khushi jerked in her sleep and opened her hazelly expressive eyes slowly, looking at her husband confused. Arnav helped her sit on the bed, adjusting the pillows behind her.

"What happened?" she muttered, rubbing one of her eyes, still not out of her sleepiness.

"Lunchtime," Arnav whispered and took out his phone to call Payal when he had to stop in midway.

"I'm here, Arnav-ji," Payal entered the room with a tray in her hands, smiling at her sister who sat on the bed, her cheeks cherry red and hair disheveled.

"Come on, Khushi. Look what I made for you," she walked to the bed and Arnav was about to take the tray from Payal and dismiss her, when he was cut off by NK's entry.

"Nannav, can I talk with you once?" NK hurried into the open bedroom of his brother Arnav frowned at his sudden entry and replied with the same expression, "For what, NK?"

"It's important, Nannav!" NK looked into his brother's eyes. Arnav for the first ever time saw him that serious and nodded his head in understanding, "Let's go to study."

It must be very important! He hoped he'd not know more that would make him hate his sister than he was already starting to.

He turned towards her and said in a deep husky voice, care dripping from every word he uttered "Khushi, I'll come in a few minutes. Eat and have medicines without any protests. Okay?"