7. Aarav's Mother

Shantivan was in peace and so is its insides. But the outside situation was a little conflicted, contrasting the atmosphere of the insides in Shantivan.

"What do you mean he's with you?" NK gasped in shock.

Shyam Manohar Jha, his ex-brother-in-law, the lowest life he ever encountered; is with her? A woman he doesn't even the name of!

"He's with me means he's with me! No other synonyms! My men caught him sneaking into your home and locked him up," she explains further, coming straight to the point, without beating around the bush.

Her answer only added to the confusion in NK's brain which was trying to analyze the situation and her words before trusting them.

"And who are you? Why should I believe you? Who are you to Shyam? Why did you keep men behind him?" NK raises his eyebrows, hurling question after question.

The right ones!

What's her name? Who's this woman to Shyam?

"Well, Coming to your first question — I'm Sneha Saxena. And the second one — Believing me is your choice — after I show you the proof. Shyam — he's my ex-boyfriend! Why did I keep my men behind him? Well, I'd love to let you know the main reason for which I'm here, for it was the exact reason I'm here for, to meet ASR," she shrugs, looking him in the eye. Confidence — one of her attributes pouring out of her character. Answering his every question, without blinking her eyes much.

She was not exactly an innocent woman but she did neglect certain things that needed her every attention when she was attracted to something. Wasn't that the exact mistake she made with Shyam? Too lost in his charms, she never let herself doubt his intentions, and fell for him over her pregnancy — only for her world to shatter into pieces. And the consequence was, she had to punish an innocent soul, abandoning him to a friend that wasn't worth her trust.

She isn't that woman anymore. She's shrewd and as sharp as a snake, without a poisonous tongue though.

"Alright, what's it?" he questions, clear with her answers and awaiting the proof she would show him or the exact reason why she's for.

"Well-", before she could actually continue replying to him, she saw a man coming towards them and she thought it was better to shut her mouth.

What if he's someone related to Sheetal?

She just can't trust that woman.

But he doesn't look like so! — her heart answered and she shut it up.

Don't judge! — she had to remind herself.

NK noticed her becoming mute all of a sudden and followed her vision, which was over his head and he turned back — only to see a man walk up towards them. He frowned looking at him.

Om Prakash!

"Om Prakash? What are you doing here?" he asked in surprise. What's he doing outside the house, with something akin to an emotion called shock on his face?

But Om Prakash is too lost in the woman to acknowledge his words.

"You are Aarav's mother, right?" he asks gazing at her with scrutinizing look.

Aarav's mother?

Now that statement just shook NK to the core. If he'd get any more shocks, he'd faint out of it, looking all white and blue, with sweat beads all over his body just as pale as a man with heart attack.

"Aarav's mother? But Aarav's mother is Sheetal, isn't she?" NK was saying the fact, the fact that was fed to him. Well, nobody could blame him if the woman in question was Sheetal, acting all perfect as a Mother, worrying over little-little things about her son.