Chapter 6: Lonesome Road

Start from the beginning

Then he would reappear looking much older than before. I realized that he was at least a year and a half older than me. The man before me was tall, standing at 6'3 and well built for how old he looked. His stature was intimidating but I found a strange comfort when I looked at him. He had black hair with a white puff sitting in the forefront of his head, and beautiful, piercing silver color eyes. He would look at me calm with a playful smirk that would make my heart race. 

I don't know why I felt connected to this mysterious man or why I've dreamed of him all these years. He was certainly handsome, but I saw something darker in him. It was like there was something inside of him that wanted out. Not something physical, no. Something instinctual and primal. He would then walk closer and hold out his hand to me. 

I would gently reach out and take his hand and try to speak only to realize I couldn't. He would smile bright and genuine as if his purpose in life had just been fulfilled. But before long he would begin to fade away, just like before. It would sadden me to see him disappear. In the last few years, I have come to be enamored by the man. But I still feared that he would turn out to be just like my father. I prayed to whoever would would listen that he wouldn't be.

 The colors around me would then begin to swirl and be replaced with a deep crimson. This was the part of the dream that would confuse me. I then saw him again, but this time he wore black tactical pants with knee-pads and a black shirt with a red hood and mask. His hands were covered by steel gauntlets with red cloth wrapped around the forearms. I also took note of all the weapons he had, it was like he was a walking arsenal. 

As I took in his appearance, he would begin to walk toward me just like before. But instead of feeling warm and welcoming. He felt cold and distant. It was jarring to see such a change in him. What was worse is that dark, instinctual urge seemed to completely rule over him. It was like he was not in control of himself. I wanted to help him but before I could attempt anything, the ground gave out from beneath me. 

I would then awaken to find myself in my large room and think-

Weiss: 'I hope one day I can meet the boy in the Red Hood.'

Y/n pov

The following day

4:30 am

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BE-*

I was awoken by the blaring of that accursed alarm. It took everything I had not to shoot the damn thing. I quickly got up and ready for the raid that. Raven had planned to hit the village at the crack of dawn so we could catch them as they were sleeping. In the few months that I was on the raid team, I had found that I absolutely hated being on it. Raven and Roy were the only two that I could stand to be around. They were arrogant, bloodthirsty, and they didn't give a damn who they killed. Roy had to stop me from going after one of them as they stomped a elderly womans head in just because she had mildly sassed them. 

Roy did his best to put the brutality out of his mind and do his job, but after every raid we pulled, he would always beeline it back to his tent and uncork a bottle. He always drank, but this put things in perspective. I finished getting ready and was about to step out of my tent when my eyes fell on something I had been working on.

 I finished getting ready and was about to step out of my tent when my eyes fell on something I had been working on