Chapter 45

The man fell down, blood swirling into a pool, surrounding him, the heavy smell of iron wafted through the air as the dagger in the man's hand got taken by Yang.

Yang tilted the dagger, and brought it under the light, running his fingers over the handle. "Yep, it's the Russo family, alright. Their weapons always have a distinct signature." He placed it down on the kitchen counter, turning around to see Rajik on the black armchair, looking at his phone.

"Are you listening to me, Rajik?" Yang sighed, and asked. Rajik blinked and snapped his head up, "Yea, Russo family right? This is already the 5th assassination this night. Can't you just kill those three?" Rajik rolled his eyes.

Yang shakes his head, "The Russo family isn't to be underestimated. We're close to terms in power, and immediately killing their three executives is just asking for a death target on your girl."

Rajik groans with annoyance, "Irritating pieces of shit… Fine, we can take it slow, what's the estimated amount of time you need to bring them down with my resources?"

Yang tapped his fingers on the counter, "Maybe… 4 months? At best to get rid of all the higher ups, so the inexperienced members will ascend to the position and we will be able to manipulate them."

Rajik stood up, patting his leggings down, typing a quick message and tucking his phone in his pocket. "Then it's settled. Use whatever you need. I expect them to not threaten Airis's safety."

Yang nodded, exasperated. As much as a softie he is, really, sometimes it was annoying.

_________

Rajik gently opened the door, taking off his shoes at the entrance and putting it on the shoe rack.

"Back so soon?" A voice startled him, and he immediately turned around to face Nareik. Leaning on the side of the couch, his arms crossed.

Rajik composed himself and smiled, "Yes, I just went out for a job since I couldn't sleep well." Dressed in a black hoodie and sweatpants, it seemed rather believable.

Nareik chuckled, "Is that so?"

He walked over to Rajik and patted his shoulder. "I don't care what you do. Get my daughter in danger and I'll make sure you're done for in the business world." He smiled brightly. "Don't be so arrogant, taking down the company would be as easy as snatching a toy from a child."

"...Of course." Rajik replied, his eyes filled with irritation.

Nareik clapped his hands, a cheerful expression still remaining. "That's good! Well, I'm going back to sleep with my dear lovely wife now. Have a good night." And with that, he walked away, leaving Rajik behind.

___________

"Rajik…? Rajik…" Rajik opened his eyes, feeling tired. He saw Airis looking at him, her eyes blinking at him. "Class is over. I wrote notes for both of us." She smiled, proudly showing the notes to him.

Rajik slowly rose from his position, and stretched himself. He reaches to pat Airis's head, "Good job. Sorry, I'm really tired today."

Airis nodded understandingly. "It's alright, everyone have those days! Although it seems like I have it everyday… Are you hungry? Do you want to go eat?"

Rajik nods his head, "Yes…"

Airis grins, "Okay! I heard there's a new stall opening today in the cafeteria. Let's go check it out." She gets up from her chair, picking up hers and Rajik's bag without hesitation.

"Ah-" Rajik opens his mouth, seeing his bag get taken away so abruptly. Airis turns around, "I'll carry your stuff! Don't worry, it's not heavy. Quick, let's go eat!" She holds out her hand. And Rajik looks down, slowly, he places his hand in hers.

"Mhm… Let's go eat together." He softly says.

Airis didn't hear what Rajik said and just excitedly pulled him along.

"I will be your caretaker for today! Just sit back and relax and leave everything to me!" She proclaimed, laughing.

Rajik couldn't resist chuckling helplessly as he followed her antics.

With her by his side, he could do anything.

Even if it means getting his hands dyed in blood.

His love would span across the seas and lands.

Were perhaps soulmates in their other lives? Maybe so, as he's so hopelessly attached to her.

To be rather honest, he would be lost his entire life without her, his guiding light.

His one and only.

T̸̨̡̜̺̩̝̰̘̘̠̙̹̪͍͚͍̱̰̖̫͈̩̻̹͙̻͍̖̦̈́͑͑͒̀̇̍́̍̆̔̈́̆̆̓̔̾̚͜͠͠ͅh̸̠̣̺͇̖͊͛̏͆̕͝a̸̛̙̞̘͓͈̔͗͆͋̂̈̈̽̈̆̏͑̑͑̽̒̓̔͊̾̽̓̓̑̆́̆͑͘̚͠͠͝ṭ̶̡̛̹̠̩̤̗̅̋̔̓̌͘ ̴̧̢̛͍̜̭͈̯͆̉̑̎̒̇̓̈́͘͜͠ͅͅḥ̵̡̡̢̭̮̘͍̣̝͕͓̝͖̹͈̲̼͈̭͚̟̼̞̮͍̩̫͕̠̏̆̅̽̂͋̾̎͋͐͊̓̓͒̏̓̓̓̔̓̌̃͠ͅͅę̴̘̦̱͙̱̝̣̤͓͓͉̪̥̉̚ ̷̢͈̺̟̬̑͌̽̑̈́͑͛̇̊̍̐̎͋͘͝ͅw̷̻̳͉͈̹̦͕̗͉̰̦̣̗̗̹̤͖͙̦͊̈́̅̐̂̇̈̚͠ͅį̶̧̡̡̛̥͓̰͚̫͉̊̄̈͐̎̎̄̑͛͆͊̓̓͒͜͝ͅl̴̡̛͔̫̞̯̪͊͐̓͊̾̉̓̆́͌͑͊͂̌͛̄̊̔̒̊̚͝ͅl̸̛̛̛̺̜͊̔̓͆̓͒̋̿́̀̈́̋̂̽͆̊̏̅̈̇̎̎̒̑̈́̓̿̚̕̕͠͝ ̸̡̧̨̨̰̲̲͍͙̘̤̝̜͓͓̱̝̮͉̖̰͙͕̲̪͔̞̠͙͎̹͇̻̊͒̂̑͐̈́̏͋̍̈̑̈́̀͛̓͌͌͛͛̑̀̔̄̔ͅͅc̴̢̢̛͓̘̱̹̫̞̥̺̱̤̥̦̱̭̬͓̗̠̳̙̤͉̮̞͇̗̹̘̰̑̾̄̀̊̃̍͐͒̑̒̇̀̅̊̊̿̋̀̈̍̄̀̃̕̕͜͠ḧ̷̢̨̘͓̺̖̲́̉̀͂̑͂͛̚a̴͍̙̜̳͙̣̠͔̘̯͇̤̮̝̭̰̪̹͔̹̳̯̲̞̹͂̓̽̈͌̄̾͛̅͂̑̊͑͛̿̒̊̉̆̾̚̕͜͠͝ͅĩ̴̢͍̩̹͖̙̳̌͗͌̀͋͆̀́̋̍͘̕͝ņ̵̡̨̻͔̱͎̳͚͙͇̬͉̰̞͈͎͖͍̩̯̬̠̹̹̌̈́̉̓͐̐̈́̀͂͋̎̌͂̿̒͘͜͠ ̷̢̢̛̛̬͍̯̟̥̳͎̟̤̺̜̤͔̜̍̄̄̀̈́̑̈͒̉͊͐̐̈́̈́͂͊̑͋̅̈̅̃̃͆̂͆̕̚͜ą̵̨̢̧̫͙̗͕̰̬̝̤̦̖̦̣̬͕̗̹̫͉̖̙̰̳̠̳̟̖̮̳͕̦̏̆̋̐͜͠ͅw̸̨̹̰̝͎͉̪͇͓̩͈͈̩̱͕̘͓̯͓̩͇̭̰̳̐̀͑̊̓̅̈͋̆̒̊̅̄͌͑̑̄͊͒̎͑̕̚̕̕͠͠ͅạ̸̛͔̪̯̲̫̏̉̈́̒̔̍̕͜ỷ̷̧̧̡̰͇̠̘̗͖̤̝̣͊̊̀͊̑́̇̒̑̌͋́̅̋̄̽́͆̀̒̊̽̉̕̕͜͝͠͝͠͠

──────────────✎

Not a thousand words today 🥲🥲 im honestly tired rn HAHAHA, pretty sure I'm like high and deranged rn, and I still need to reply to letters and do my assignments 💀💀 send help