Chapter 2

As the sun rose, Airis woke up, feeling groggy and icky. The past events replayed itself in her mind, and Airis couldn't help but feel sick to the core about her situation.

Really, it felt really unsettling.

The same name in this world? In this place?

God was really playing a joke on her. To constantly remind her of her old name that her family and friends used to call her by.

...

The first out of all the children to wake up, Airis just lied down. She didn't have the energy to move around or get out of bed. As children started to wake up around her, cleaning up their beds and proceeding to the dining room. Airis still hadn't move an inch from her bed.

She stayed there, staring at the ceiling, blinking every once in a while as her mind was empty.

As every single children left the room, Airis was soon left alone.

Only when it finally reached midday, someone came in to check on her.

It was a young woman with watermelon pink hair reaching down to her waist and diamond blue eyes could be seen underneath her spectacles.

Source: Picrewの「makeYo1」でつくったよ! https://picrew

Source: Picrewの「makeYo1」でつくったよ! https://picrew.me/share?cd=lwyMcaEyIE
______________

Airis didn't see any adults besides from the blue haired lady earlier and now this person.

"Airis? Are you alright? You haven't come down and it's already afternoon." The woman asked, concern shown in her face.

Airis closed her eyes. "Miss, I don't feel well. I think I will rest here for a while."

Hearing her answer, the woman pursued her lips upon seeing lifeless expression. She sighed, not really knowing how to comfort a child very well as she was new. So she could only give her some time alone.

She nodded, "Okay, Airis. Once you're feeling better, please do come down for your meal."

She then left the room.

Airis took a deep, shaky breath.

She got absorbed in her wandering thoughts again.

Eventually, it lead to a question.

What kind of situation was she in?

From the start, she had no idea what was happening and was clueless. She had just following the waves.

She actually didn't have any memories of the body that she was occupying. So she didn't know what is the situation she's in.

'So many children in one place... What kind of place could this be? Maybe this is a boarding school? All of the children sleeps here and no one ever comes to pick us up. But if this is a boarding school, there's really a shortage of teachers...'