Chapter 1

I finally sit down from a long day of moving to California. I am Gabriella Sadie Cooper, if you're wondering. If you haven't heard I am the girl that everyone hates, like I give a shit.

I just moved to California because my mom went to jail 2 weeks ago for having possession of marijuana and prostitution which is illegal. I moved because all I had left there was an abusive step father and two younger siblings to think about.

Sadie, my 4 year old sister is so cute and sweet. She is the highlight of my life and Isaac, who is 12 years old. Isaac is very protective of Sadie because he saw what my step father did to me.

I remember one time I took Sadie and him to the park, there was this chubby boy who was about 14 picking on Sadie. Isaac ran up to him and yelled, "Leave my baby girl alone or I will beat you up." it was the cutest thing I have ever seen.

The boy ran away almost shitting himself. I laughed so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Sadie walking in the living room holding her teddy bear Isaac got her, "Sadie your supposed to be in bed." I tell her after seeing it was 2:09.

"I had bad dweam GG." she says while sucking her thumb. I love that nickname, GG. When she was younger she never could say Gabriella so one day she called me GG and has ever since.

She climbed in my lap and curled up. I stroked her hair softly while humming 'You Are My Sunshine'and soon she was out. I picked her up easily and walked her back into the only bedroom in our apartment to see Isaac asleep with a faint snore.

I lay her down on the somewhat soft bed and kiss her cheek then walk out to my bed, the couch.

Tomorrow is our first day of a new school best get some sleep.