Chapter 13

Willow's P.O.V.

I take a deep inhale while staring at the white ceiling of the bathroom. I close my eyes and allow my body to relax against the lukewarm water of the bathtub. My surrounding feels so calm and at peace at the moment. However, my inside is a completely different scenario. My mind is in complete chaos, my heart is full of fear, and I don't know what would be the next right thing to do from here.

I let out a sigh and submerge my whole body into the water, holding my breath for a bit until my brain screamed for air and the only option for me was to get out of the water to breathe. I gasp for oxygen as I wipe the water away from my face. I feel like I'm in deep chaos. I feel like my whole world is on fire, and there's nothing I can do but watch it burn into ashes. I am powerless, and I hate it. I hate the feeling of helplessness, the feeling of not being able to stand on my own to protect those I want to protect. I hate that I had to rely on other people for my safety. I despise it.

My knuckles clench as anger starts to rise from within me. I used to have a very peaceful life, a life away from all of this chaos, but now it feels like those days are nothing but a distant dream. I am mated to a man I barely knew, my kids are still in grave danger, and my life and soul are starting to wither away right before my eyes, yet I can't do anything to stop it. I'm losing control over the situation and I despise every bit of it. I feel trapped, and I can't see a way out.

"But there is a way out...." A voice of a man echoes right beside me, making me jump in fear and surprise.

My arms immediately cross in front of my chest, covering my breast that's been exposed to the cold crisp air. My eyes widen in horror as I look around me with utter confusion and fear. I'm completely alone in the bathroom, and I can't decide if what I hear is just a product of my imagination or if it is real. Am I losing it?

As a response to that question, a blue fire flickers and dances a meter away from where I am, illuminating the dark bathroom with its eerie glow. I can't help but frown as the realization hits me. The voice and the blue fire are all too familiar. It's the devil we summoned, the one we made a deal with over three months ago. Memories of that fateful night flood back to me, the agreement we made and the trials that it set to come 7 moons from now.

"It's not the time yet. Why are you here?" I question as I back away slowly. I need to get out of here.

"I know," The blue fire replies, its flame blazing with every word it speaks. "But I reckon you might be interested in another offer, perhaps a minor change to our contract."

I shake my head with strong conviction and defiance. This is exactly what Elran and Bleidd had warned me about. I won't be taken in by this monster's ploy. I refuse to be. I move to the side of the bathtub and reach for a clean towel on the rack. I feel vulnerable with a demon around me while I'm fully naked. I cover my body with the towel, not minding that it got soaked by the water from the bathtub.

"I'm not interested in your offer." I hiss at the fire while glaring at it. I stand up and step out of the water. The soft cotton material of the damp towel immediately clings to my skin. "Leave me alone. I still have seven days before the ritual. You have no business to be here." I make my way towards the door, wanting to get away from him as soon as I can.

The blue fire flickers a bit but stays in place. It doesn't follow me as I head towards the door. However, I am about to reach for the doorknob when it speaks again, his loud voice echoing across the walls of the bathroom. I turn to it, but my hand remains on the knob, ready to escape if the demon does something that makes me feel threatened.