Here's the Thing

Team Todoroki, Team Bakugou, Team Shinsou, and Team Midoriya. Shiozaki and Tetsutetsu take the places of Ojiro and Shouda.

Yaomomo is the first to find you during the lunch break. "Isoko—are you alright? I saw you..." She doesn't say it, but her concern is visible enough.

You grin and shrug. "Oh, yeah, just had a bit of a breakdown at the worst time."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Nah. I'm good, now. Let's get you some food so you can kick ass in the next round!"

You're not sure if she buys your renewed, easy enthusiasm, but she goes along with it. The two of you join the rest of the students filing out from one of the stadium's entrances, and she begins to review everything that happened during the cavalry battle to prepare for the final round of combat. You give your input here and there. Dark Shadow is susceptible to light, Iida and Aoyama will have a long-range advantage, Todoroki uses high defense, Midoriya can only use his quirk so much, and Mina—

"...Aren't you just a little glad that she didn't make it to the cavalry battle?"

You pause, and Yaomomo catches on. Kaminari, Kirishima, and Ojiro talk up ahead. Kaminari's hands move animatedly.

"I mean, come on, we were all freaked out about her, right? Or am I the only one?"

"No," Ojiro reluctantly admits, "I can't even imagine how things might have gone if she was in the cavalry battle. I doubt even Todoroki or Bakugou could have stood up to her. And if she was on their team?"

Yaomomo stiffens. You put your hands in your pocket and keep nonchalant. Stay positive. It's alright.

"I don't know, man," Kirishima drawls. "She was, like, crying?"

Kaminari keeps going. "We would have been toast! Woulda been looking like those villain robots she took down at the beginning of the obstacle course—"

"Guys," Yaomomo snaps beside you. The three boys whirl around, and they pale when they see how close you're standing behind them.

"H-hey, Isoko—I had no idea—" Kaminari tries to backtrack. Why do you feel like crying again? It's the truth. "I mean, don't listen to me, I'm stupid—"

"You're not," you say gently. Your soft voice contrasts with the lively atmosphere of the vendors around you. "I'm...I..."

How can you ever explain it to them? They have no idea what it's like to be you, to have your quirk.

Not knowing what else to do, you bow with your hands still in your pocket. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry for making all of you nervous."

The boys are flushed red, and Kaminari looks like he wants to die. You smile at them and continue walking, but not before you give his shoulder a pat.

Yaomomo hangs behind and waits before you're several steps ahead. "You idiots," she hisses, and the tone of her voice makes you glad you're not on the receiving end of it. "That's the exact reason why she stayed behind."

Ah. So she does get it. You're grateful.

Once she catches up, the two of you pretend that nothing has ever happened. "Wanna finally enjoy some of that takoyaki?" you ask. The sun's rays sink into your skin, bouncing off the particles that compose your being. "There's a mochi stand right next to it, too. We can load up."

"That sounds lovely."

-

You don't have to participate in the side games, so you choose to find Midoriya instead. He's going up against Shinsou. And, since he's declared that you're his enemy, you might as well spill the beans about his quirk.