Oh, All Might...

"Time to load up," you crow in English as you grab a tray for both you and Yaoyorozu. It's your first day in the cafeteria, and you're not gonna miss out on any of the celestial food that awaits you.

"Load...up?" Yaomomo repeats. She's said that you can call her that since you've made such a fast friendship.

"It just means getting a whole bunch of food," you explain. The line is moving too slow, so you impatiently dance on your feet. "My quirk makes me need to eat a lot."

"Mine is the same way if I want to produce as many objects as I can," she says. You've found out that Yaomomo has a creation quirk; it's sort of like yours but on a much, much lower level. Still, it's cool that her lipids can whip anything out if she wants. You certainly couldn't create any electronics without extensively researching its composition and memorizing where all the wires and circuits are.

You stock food up much more confidently than she does, but the fact that you do helps her grab more food for herself. You hear little mutters of, "Maybe no...oh, okay" and "I shouldn't, except it does have a lot of calories...oh, okay" and "I have so much already, but we'll be training later on...oh, okay."

You expertly hide your smile so Yaomomo doesn't think you're laughing at her. You're just happy that she's eating like she should with her quirk and not putting herself at a disadvantage because of her fears of what others might think of all her food piled up on a single tray.

Oh well. You have more food, anyway, and you look like a foreigner, so you can draw the stares from Yaomomo like Jupiter draws asteroids from Earth.

Shinsou is still nowhere to be seen. You texted him saying that he should come sit with you when it was lunchtime, but he said he'd be sitting with other classmates. You can't tell if he's lying because you can't see him, and despite all your powers, you doubt you'll ever be able to discern the exact truth through messages.

He's a big boy, though, and you trust him not to be completely stupid. A little stupid? Yeah. But that's how everybody is, yourself included. Like, when you're alone with nobody but the plants to keep you company, you do some real dumb shit.

Asui (but call her Tsu) joins the two of you at the table before someone else can take up the space. She has considerably less food, but she makes no comment about the difference. You all talk about your first day of lessons, and Tsu says that if she needs help with her English, she'll come to both of you. Yaomomo is fluent in the language, and you think she's probably better at understanding the grammar than you are. Like, you can speak English, but listing off proper terms and that shit? Not really your thing. You're better at breaking down the technicalities in Japanese, since you learned it in a more proper setting.

Hakagure also joins you about halfway through lunch. She's incredibly bubbly and cute, and she's done her hair up for the first full day of school despite being invisible to everyone.

Well. Everyone except you. Your eyes adjust to the way her skin absorbs light and the overall cellular structure. Combined with a little infrared and you get the basic outline of a pretty teenage girl.

You're not gonna tell her that you can choose to see her.

By the time hero training rolls around, you're really glad you didn't say anything, because her hero outfit is basically nothing. You wouldn't have wanted to make her feel self-conscious.

But you, on the other hand, are straight-up not having a good time right now.

"You look like Mr. Aizawa," Tsu croaks.

"What? No, I don't..."

You examine your hero costume in the mirror and frown. It's a simple black jumpsuit made of cotton, since you're the most familiar with the fabric and can reconstruct it easily if you ever do deconstruct. In the rough outline you sent the support department, you explicitly stated: