"Light In Dark Places"

" Control" By: Zoe Wees

        ***Christian Lee & Amelia Costello P.O.V***

I have survived week four of sobriety every since my mom died I was a wreck I was taking my rage out on everything and everyone after I had enough alcohol in my system. It was just after all of the crazy fucked up shit that we did or still do for a living I asked God why her, why not me? My mom was a good lady she helped any and everyone always going over and beyond given and never asking for anything in return. I had hit rock bottom. My father nor my sister Bai could help me I didn't think no one could. I just remember being so horrible towards them. I became bad at everything even the job I had lived for, Lee's investments and Lee's Telecommunications I was failing them. But about four weeks ago I ran into my best friend baby sister, Amelia Costello in Beijing at Aman Summer Palace I was just arriving for a business meeting but I was torn up and she had caught sight of me first before I even noticed her.

Amelia: Christian Lee is that you?

I turned around so I could see who it was that was calling me by my first name in public so I could tear them a new one.

Amelia: Christian Ai Lee.

When she called my name and I seen that it was her it was something about her expression that had me holding my tongue. She know I had just lost my mother not two months ago but she didn't look sad or sorry for me she actually looked pissed at me for some reason. Which had me stopping right where I was. Amelia looked at me like I was a child being caught doing something they should not have been doing. I put my head down and she walks the rest of the way to me because she could see I would not move any further. She lifts my head up with her soft warm hands.

Amelia: Of all the places I could have ran into you of all the places you decided today to be here at my photoshoot and one of your business meetings dressed and looking like shit Lee.

With the way she had me feeling scolding me like a child in front of everyone I would have had anyone else killed for much less but this is Marco baby sister I couldn't have her killed. Can I? No, no, no! If I am being honest her anger kind of reminded me of my mothers when I did something I know I shouldn't have because my mother would scold me in this hard but loving manner and that was exactly what she was doing now.

Amelia: You stay right here I will take care of this don't you move Lee.

I walked over to the reception desk to reschedule Christian's meeting telling the blonde at the desk that he isn't well that he has the flu. With the way he is looking and the anger radiating from me the receptionist don't dare question me she just nod her head and say call when Mr. Lee feels better so they can reschedule it. I mumbled under my breath as I got ready to walk away if I don't kick his ass first. I head back over to Christian where he is still standing looking like he haven't eaten, showered, or shaved in weeks. I grab my bag telling Christian to follow me. The look I give him lets him know not to argue with me but I also think I can't be that scary so I am guessing he is only obeying me so I won't call Marco he has been telling Marco that he was fine but that is clearly an lie. We get into my waiting car and I tell the driver to take me home well my home for the next four weeks while I am in China. The Rosewood hotel here it is in the Majestic Mansion its a private residence. I can tell that Christian is going to argue now so I glare at him than tell him to give me his phone Christian looks mad with me.

Christian: What the fuck Amelia I am a grown ass men...

But he couldn't continue because I cut him off speaking up telling him to act like one than. He looks taking back by my statement but he knows what I said is true.