14: Valentine's Plan

Start from the beginning

"Oh, don't say that, honey! I bought you a nice outfit and everything! Wait here." Inko quickly dusted off her hands on her apron, hurrying out of the room into her own bedroom. She then returned, holding a hanger which held a nice tux. Clearly something expensive. "See? It'll look great on you! And the tie will make your eyes stand out... You'll look super handsome." She excitedly spoke, setting the suit down on the table, in front of Izuku. The teen fiddled with the sleeve, his heart aching. The tux was nice, yes. But it wasn't exactly what he had planned to wear to the Valentine dance. Then again, he didn't have anything else to wear. 

"Thanks, mom." He spoke, gently taking the outfit into his arms before making his way up to his bedroom. Once there, he laid the suit down on his bed, grabbing his laptop to open it. Surprisingly, a small icon was seen in the corner of his screen almost immediately. A message. He clicked on it, Katsuki's name showing up along with a line of messages they had shared in the past. 

🧡Katsuki🧡: Yo, freckles, you feeling okay?

Izuku smiled, typing away a reply. 

💚Izuku💚: Yes, why?

Almost immediately, he received a reply. 

🧡Katsuki🧡: You looked kind of gloomy in the bus. I was scared to go talk to you lmao

💚Izuku💚: Haha, sorry. I was just thinking about something. 

🧡Katsuki🧡: Ahh
🧡Katsuki🧡: Do you have someone to go to the dance with?

Midoriya's eyes widened, his heart flipping inside his chest. This is it. Is Katsuki really about to ask him out to the dance? 

🧡Katsuki🧡: Are you even planning on going? 
🧡Katsuki🧡: If you don't have a date, would you want to go with me?

Izuku smiled uncontrollably, typing away. However, before he was done typing his message, he looked up to the screen where another new message had appeared, making his heart ache. 

🧡Katsuki🧡: You know, as friends?

💚Izuku💚: Sure, I'd love to go with you as friends.

The greenette quickly switched tabs, clicking on Uraraka's profile instead. 

💚Izuku💚: HE ASKED ME TO THE DANCE
💚Izuku💚: Over text, BUT STILL
💚Izuku💚: OCHAKO HELP I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WEAR
💚Izuku💚: My mom got me a suit but I can't wear it- I'll look like a box of cereal
💚Izuku💚: HELPPPP

🤍Ochako🤍: OKAY QUIT IT WITH THE SPAMMING CHILL
🤍Ochako🤍: Alright, we'll go shopping. Meet me at the corner of your street in ten minutes. We have to find you something nice to wear, asap. 
🤍Ochako🤍: AND DON'T BE LATE or I'll kick your ass. 

Midoriya didn't even bother to reply as he quickly closed his device, grabbing his jacket as he raced out of his bedroom. He hurried to the front door, slipping on his shoes as fast as he could. 

"Mom, I'm going out with Ochako, I'll be back later." 

"Right now? But it's almost dinner time... Can't it wait a little?" The woman asked, brows furrowing in sadness. The only reason why she worked night shifts was to spend as much time with her son as possible during the day. Yet, he was always away from her. 

"I have to go now, 'ma. We agreed on meeting up now." The greenette replied, slipping on his jacket with a frown. Inko winced at the sudden attitude in her son's tone, looking down. 

"Okay, make sure not to get in any trouble. And don't go about misbehaving!" She warned, earning a frantic nod from the impatient teen. 

"Bye, mom." He quickly spat, racing out the front door as he slammed it behind him.

 Inko stood quietly, watching the door as her heart ached. Usually, her little boy would say I love you, or give her a quick kiss before leaving. But, ever since they moved to Hosu, he had changed. She knew he wasn't exactly happy with moving away from Tokyo, but still. Her little 'Zuku had changed, and as a mother, she knew something was up. He was hiding something from her, but what? And how does she get him to fess up?