25•Making Memories•25

"Eat lots and lots and take care of yourselves! Don't ever copy your guardian's slacker like tendency. Do you all hear?"

  "Yes sir!"

  As if an actual soldier, the children answered Leifen while standing straight. But even after seeing how obedient this children were, Leifen couldn't help but still frown in worry.

  He sighed before turning to look at Cale who was nonchalantly sipping tea on the sofa.

  "Weird human, you absolutely cannot fo anything weird unless you tell me okay? Don't go dragging the children on weird situations without me!"

  "Yeah, yeah. Just go."

  Leifen pouted at Cale's nonchalant attitude. Well, actually, he knew that Cale and the others wouldn't do anything for about 6 months. But still, making sure wouldn't hurt anyone.

  "Then, I'm off."

  "Bye bye, nya~"

  "See you again hyung!"

  "Bye oppa! nya~"

  Leifen turned to his tiny form before letting his wings out. He looked one last time at the window where the children were waving at him before flying away.

  This next 6 months where Cale would stay absolutely still, Leifen didn't plan to stay with them. Instead, he planned to go back.

  'Princey, wait for me!'

  Yes. The little Sprite was going back to the Crown Prince's side.

~

  "Princey! I miss you! You don't know but a lo~t happened and I'm so~ busy but I still miss you. My last mentor won't even let me visit!"

  Right as the window in the Crown Prince's office opened, Leifen immediately clung to Alberu's chest while spouting complaints one after another.

  Meanwhile, Alberu simply smiled helplessly as he cradled the tiny Sprite in his palm. Being careful as he walked towards his table where a plate of freshly baked cookies were already prepared in advance.

  Sensing Alberu's movements, Leifen finally lifted himself to look at where they were heading. And his whole person visibly brightened upon seeing the plate of his favorite.

  "Cookies!"

  Leifen, within a blink of an eye, was already out of Alberu's hands and instead munching a cookie nearly as big as he was on the table. Alberu smiled fondly at this sight.

  Alberu simply let the Sprite enjoy his snack while he took a seat on his chair. His gaze never leaving the Sprite's figure.

  "Are you planning to stay longer this time?"

  Alberu asked with a tone of indifference. Inside, however, he was anxious to hear the Sprite's answer.

  Truthfully, if it was up to Alberu, he would want the Sprite to never leave his side. To stay with him all the time. But he knew he couldn't do that. Bounding the little fellow by his side and denying him his freedom, Alberu didn't have the heart to do it at all.

  So, all he could do was silently hope that the Sprite would stay on his own initiative

  "I would probably stay until late spring this time. I like to celebrate holidays with you here Princey."

  Leifen answered in between munching. His face a bit bloated but his words were clear.

  Hearing this, Alberu was extremely glad. But he didn't show it on his face. Instead, he calmly placed a glass of juice in the table beside the Sprite before answering.