13•The Dead Mana and The Secret•13

The moment the door of the office closed, both actors quickly removed their masked. Cale and Alberu, who was walking with each other, quickly moved away as well.

  "Your highness, you must be tired."

  "I'm sure you feel the same way."

  When all eyes watching were gone, except for the two invisible entities, the two were back to their usual selves.

  Alberu sighed before pointing to the table at one side of the office. However, he noticed that Cale had already walked over there and sat down on what seemed to be the most comfortable couch.

  "People will think you've been here a couple of times."

  The crown prince said while shaking his head. But it wasn't a complaint, he was just simply commenting. Meanwhile, Cale simply shrugged at the comment.

  "It is my first time here, but I feel like it is very welcoming."

  Cale had no problem using that glib tongue of his, Leifen noticed. While Alberu looked towards Cale, who sat on the couch of his choice while keeping the seat of the head table open for him, before sitting down.

  "I thought I told you to come as quickly as possible."

  "That is why I cut into my sleeping time to rush here, your highness."

  Alberu snorted at Cale's response. Meanwhile, Leifen rolled his eyes at the blatant lie.

  Cale wasn't sleeping. In fact, Leifen was well aware of what he had done before coming here.

  'They just came back from torturing Venion. Scary.'

  Leifen shivered at that thought. Yes, he was, unfortunately, aware of all the details. He kinda wished he was there as well.

  After all, Leifen bore witness to all those years that Raon suffered inside the cave. Inhumane was too light of a word to describe those people, because they were personified monster trashes in the flesh.

  "You are a very suspicious person."

  'That, he is.'

  Leifen immediately agreed inwardly at Alberu's comment.

  The blonde prince took a sip of the tea that his servant brought over and just quietly observed Cale until the servant left the room. While Leifen was excitedly waiting for the most awaited discussion between the two.

  Click.

  Like a timer that marked the start of the race, the sound of the small click the closed door made was the only indication Leifen was waiting for. It was the start of Cale and Alberu's discussion.

  "Your highness."

  "Huh."

  And just as it was written in the novel, Cale spoke faster than Alberu. Meanwhile, Alberu was simply looking at Cale with a confused expression.

  "I have prepared a present for you."

  Leifen smirked. He knew exactly what that 'present' was. He also knew what reaction Alberu would make after receiving such a valuable present.

  "... For me?"

  "Yes, tor the star on the mind of our Kingdom's-"

  "Enough."

  Leifen let out a small giggle after hearing Alberu's tired voice. He was not happy at all after hearing Cale had a present for him. It was because of the things that happened with Cale up to this point.

  But hearing the small and silent laughter of the fairy sitting on his shoulder, his mind eased up a bit. No matter how big the mess Cale was planning to drag him into, Alberu was at ease specially after remembering who was by his side.