There are still days when he comes home with blood on his hands.

But over time, he noticed how uncomfortable it makes you, so he washes it off right after arriving.

You take a deep breath as his wing moves above you, so its shadow helps you fall asleep.

But as you leave for the land of dreams, the comfort of his presence stays to protect you from nightmares.

.

.

.

Morning

You wake up when you hear silent whispering by your side. You open your eyes, and your heart misses a beat as you see King sleeping next to you peacefully.

His arms keep you close to his body, one of his hands behind your head as he held it against his chest before falling asleep.

His wings embrace both of you just like the first night.

But now, he wants you here.

The Lunarian lours and moves a little as you move away from him, so you kiss his cheek gently out of pure instinct.

His features relax once again, and it makes you smile.

He's so beautiful when he dreams.

This is the first time he let you sleep here and when he didn't need to leave his flames with you to keep you warm.

But you snap back to reality when the quiet voice sounds again.

"Uncle King!"

You free yourself from the Lunarian's hug and leave the protection of his wings.

You almost start laughing as you look for the source and see Yamato standing beside the bed.

The child looks ridiculously tiny next to the large furniture. She pouts, her little hands holding the side of her dress.

"I'm scared," she says loudly to hide the weakness of her voice.

King murmurs something in his sleep. and your wings open as you fly down to her.

I don't want to wake him if I can help. He sleeps too rarely.

"Shh," you hush her. "What's the matter?"

She trembles and jumps upon your leg, reaching for you with her arms. Your heart misses a beat as you pick up the child and embrace her gently.

She feels so unbelievably little and fragile in your hands.

You hide her figure with your wings as you learned from Alber. Its shadow calms her down and creates a safe place.

Yamato shakes her head, and you understand that she won't explain it to you.

I'm not her Uncle King, I suppose.

But maybe I can still help her.

You take a deep breath and lay your cheek over the top of her head. You stand up and tiptoe out of the room to the kitchen.

Kaido gave it to King so he could do everything he wants at this part of Onigashima.

Although, he prefers bringing food from the outside. You've never seen him cook complete meals, but he keeps some ingredients so you can when leaves for a longer time.

You are still surprised that you didn't set anything on fire yet.

"Want something to eat?" you whisper, placing her on the table. "I can make amazing fried eggs."