Quick Sum.

Some plot bois:

Takes place in a semi-realistic version of Ninjago.

Similar to actual show, Nya's powers start to grow a bit out of control. She fears that she might become a burden to her friends/family. Also Kai and Nya never remet their parents so no Maya stuff sorry :/

Thankfully some merfolk show up after sensing Nya's power and request her to visit their queen Poseidias, saying that she could get her powers under control. She agrees and the other ninja come with her. They get to a cool looking palace and meet the queen herself but Lloyd isn't too trusting of her. (He still has flashbacks to the whole Harumi situation.)

Poseidias tells the ninja about an evil tyrant known as Kalmaar and that he's going to awaken the evil beats Wojira in order to destroy the world and that Nya is the only way to stop him. Cole, Jay, and Zane go off to locate Kalmaar while Kai and Lloyd stay to help Nya with her training.

While she is training, Poseidias tells Nya that she is so much better than everyone else and that once she "becomes one with the sea" then she'll be nigh immortal. Lloyd is mad sussed out by Poseidias but Kai trusts that his sister is making the right choice. Although he does start to notice that Nya is getting a bit more distant from them.

A long while after that the other 3 ninja arrive at Kalmaar's kingdom only to find it in ruins. A giant whale attacks them, one that looks like it has some tech from Poseidias' kingdom. They find Kalmaar and against their better judgment they help him out and drive the whale away. They are then told that Kalmaar is the rightful ruler of the merpeople and that he and his people, those that stayed with him, were banished from the throne when Poseidias overthrew him. They realize she's evil.

Meanwhile Poseidias puts Nya and Kai into a fight as a final test and Nya vents to Kai about always feeling as if he holds onto her like she's still a child. Kai feels bad but tells Nya that he's afraid of her, and everyone else, dying because of his actions. Nya's turn to feel bad but uh oh, the water turns out to be alive and wants Nya to merge with it. Poseidias reveals that she killed the former king and banished the prince, Kalmaar, in order to one day control the ocean and get ride of all the surface dwellers. Also Wojira did exist was it's dead now. The ocean forces Nya to thrust a spear into Kai's chest and kill him. This completes a ritual where the water elemental has to get ride of any relatives to them in order to merge with the sea. Lloyd nearly drowns and reunites with the others. Lloyd is livid and sad and breaks down. Lloyd's emotions cause him to transform into his oni form for the first time ever. Lloyd is able to convince the FSM and Death to resurrect Kai in exchange for Lloyd's extended life due to his blood.

Poseidias attacks Ninjago but the ninja are able to get Nya to snap out of it and blast Poseidias away and let Kalmaar take back the throne. Through the power of sibling love Kai is able to rip Nya away from the ocean, severely nerfing her but she just does not care at all.

Wu is also missing.

And the ocean is quite angry.