Valentine (Neymessi)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

But Neymar's story would stand out more for a second reason, and that would be, for love. Earning only 200 dollars per month wasn't much for his age or monthly income, but, he would do anything to win the Argentine's heart.

All the flirting, all the encounters, it was all to get to know what Messi preferred. What's his type, what he liked. It would be a lie to say Messi didn't have high standards, he did. He wanted someone who'd earn his own money and not feed off their parent's income. He wanted someone who'd spare time for themselves, amidst of working day and night.

It sounded like alot, but it wasn't much. At the end of the day, he just wanted someone who'd be loyal to him and earn on his own, like Messi. He wanted someone as persistent as him, as hardworking as him. And so, Neymar began, 5 months back.

He would begin with the oath to win Messi's heart one day or the other, and not with the wealth of currency, but with the earned wealth off his blood, sweat, and tears that would mold into a symbol of sacrifice, to show how far he'd go to get Messi. He'd go to whatever extent Messi would ask him to go, just in order to win his heart.

Except that he already did, long back.

- "What for?"

- "Decided to give this to for Valentine's day!" Neymar beamed, rounding to Messi's side, behind the table, kneeling down on both his knees. Messi turned to him, slightly confused. Yet, his heart was going crazy, and he couldn't think straight either.

There were so many things that could happen, which really left Messi in anxiety. It was hard for him to believe that Neymar would fall for someone who's so short in income, and in looks, and height. Or perhaps, that's just what Messi thinks of himself.

In reality, to Neymar, Messi is heaven on earth. In Neymar's book, flaws don't exist. Specially in refernce to Messi; someone he's always secretely and discreetly adored Messi, thinking of him as his own. And today, that might as well come to life, and not just be left out. That really makes sense, since Neymar is a hopeless romantic, unlike Messi. (Search up 'hopeless romantic', ik u all will misunderstand it.)

Despite veiwing love so hopelessly, Messi felt a strong tug towards Neymar. It was so unlikely to happen in his book. But as mentioned before, Neymar's always been exceptional for Messi, and no one can change that.

With Messi staring at him with a glint in his eyes and a tensed look, Neymar grabs both his hands gently and looks straight into his eyes without any hesitation. They've slipped into their own alternate universe, where it's just them, and no one else to interrupt. Both their heart-beats sky-rocket. The tension grows, until Neymar decides to finally make the move he's been preparing for a year to make.

And this could be it.

- "Will you be my valentine?"

Messi's pupils dilated from the shock. Goosebumps spread across his skin, his face shifting to a deep hue of red. Messi retrieved his hands back, patting his cheeks and shaking his head. Neymar's expression went from a hopeful one to a slightly concerned and confused one, since Messi was kinda avoiding the whole situation in a way.

But what Neymar didn't know is, it felt too hard for Messi to believe. There was too much going on for him to take. It's always so hard to believe, when someone you like, equally ends up liking you back. Like, that's 0.001% possibility out of 100.

Nonetheless, Messi took a deep breathe and smiled, taking the rose in hand.

- "Okay," Messi replied calmly, despite his insides being set on fire from the spark Neymar's been putting on for ages but which never ignited, til today.

Neymar jumped around the library, as happy as could be. Messi stood and smiled, taking a whiff at the rose. It smelled of Neymar's cologne more than anything else. Messi chuckled looking at Neymar, who lay on the floor after tripping over nothing.

But that wouldn't affect him, judging by his facial expression. It was like he'd been gifted the world. Except that it was actually true: he idolised Messi so much, at some point, he started to believe Messi is his world.

- "Someone's very happy,"

- "Beyond happy!" Neymar beamed and stood up, cupping Messi's face and placing a soft kiss on his red, full lips. Messi accepted it with a small smile tugging at his lips, which he failed to keep back. There was no reason to, he'd finally found love. He'd no longer have to go to sleep imaging someone perfect in his arms.

- "I love you Leo.."

- "Oh, is that my nickname?"

- "Nao!"

- "So it isn't?"

- "Leo please, say it back!" Neymar whined, while Messi laughed and brushed his hand over his soft and smooth hair.

- "Okay okay, I love you too, Ney."

________________

underEcho the plot you had given, it's a bit more different than the original. Sorry for changing it, I've been preparing for tmrw (sports day) so im pretty tired and decided to end it casually as a reference to the upcoming Valentine's day. Bear with this trash for now. :)