Chapter nineteen

Noah's POV:The message from my father arrived early, blunt and menacing: "You disobeyed me in front of everyone; your little whore will pay for it

Noah's POV:
The message from my father arrived early, blunt and menacing: "You disobeyed me in front of everyone; your little whore will pay for it."The words alone sent a surge of icy dread through me. Rose—Isabella—was in danger because of me. I had to act fast.---Isabella's POV:

"You still hungry?" Noah asks as I polish off my third plate of pancakes. The man's serious expression never wavers, making it impossible to tell if he's teasing me or genuinely concerned.

I shake my head, setting my plate in the sink, and catch him watching me. "Do I look extra beautiful today, or is there another reason you're staring?" I twirl with exaggerated flair, placing my hands on my hips.

"You always look beautiful," Daniel says as he strolls into the kitchen.

"Thanks, Dane," I reply, grinning.

"Get yourself ready. We're going somewhere," Noah orders.

"Where?" I ask, curiosity piqued.

"Stop asking stupid fucking questions," he snaps. Rolling my eyes, I head to my room.

---

The drive takes us to a secluded wooden house nestled between the mountains, a stark contrast to the lavish properties Noah usually frequents. I notice something unusual—Noah is driving himself, which is rare. As we step out, he surprises me with unexpected news.

"We won't get married tomorrow. I'll postpone it."

I feign a pout, though I'm secretly relieved. "Oh no," I say sarcastically, earning an eye roll from him. We step inside the small, rustic cabin, which feels worlds away from Noah's modern empire.

"Why are we here?" I ask, trying to mask my unease.

"Shut up," he snaps, his tone sharper than before.

The cabin is simple—just one room, a tiny bathroom, a fridge, and a cooker. It's almost quaint, yet unsettlingly quiet. Noah pulls out his gun, placing it on the table with a deliberate motion.

"Sir, may I know why we're here?" I press, trying to break through his stony silence.

"My father's trying to kill you," he says bluntly. "I disobeyed him for the first time."

The shock leaves me speechless. The weight of his words sinks in slowly, like a cold, creeping dread. My hands tremble.

"Fuck, are you cold?" Noah asks, misinterpreting my reaction. I can only nod numbly as he leaves to gather firewood.

Alone, I try to calm myself, reminding myself that Noah is here. I'm safe. For now. I distract myself with my textbooks, but soon find my gaze drawn to Noah, shirtless and chopping wood outside. Despite the danger, I can't help but admire his strength, the way his muscles flex with each swing. It's a distraction I can't afford.