Chapter 21: Adversaries

Last time on Love and War 2!

Leon: So, who are you guys anyway? And why should we believe anything you say?

Dante: I can give you proof that you can trust me... *Checks pockets* Huh??

Skarlet: Here, looking for this?

Dante: You... You're the one from that alley way...

Dante then gives Leon a small cloth with the same black sludge seen on some rocks in Octo Canyon and Squidtopia invasion. Leon then asks why does he have it?

Dante: I may know exactly what is going on here

Liz: Okay, what does that sludge have to do with your story?

Dante: Alduin used it to brainwash troops against mother nature!

Leon: It's getting late, I'll make the call to the general

Leon steps outside to report to Spade only to have Macie eavesdrop on him and rat him out to Dante.

Dante: Spade is a untrustworthy man, Leon. I wouldn't trust him

Leon: That makes two of us...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator Pov

------------------------------

2 days ago... On that fateful day...

*KABOOOOM!*

The city of humble beginnings was under attack! Buildings, vehicles, trees, you name it and it was on fire. The sludge monsters marched forward, destroying anything they came across. The way they moved was almost uncanny, nothing ever seen before... The military was doing everything they can to push them back and protect the people!

*BAMMM!*

A car went flying into the air and nearly hit some soldiers taking cover from the monsters! Let's see how they're holding up...

Inkling soldier 1: I need back up! Repeat! I need--- *TING*

He was shot in the side of the face and the sludge began to take over his face slowly! The soldier was passed out and twitched a little. His buddy looked over and saw him.

Inkling soldier 2: Hey... Hey! Get up man, I got you! C'mon C'mon!

He was shaking his face violently. The marine looked back over the sand bags to see the foes approaching closer and closer! A tank rolled up and shot over they're heads at the crowds of enemies and splashed them all with a giant burst bomb! Purple sludge went everywhere! Roofs, walls, the ground, and even on some of the squids...

Inkling soldier 2: Whooo! Nice shot boys! That got 'em!

Just before they could celebrate though, the sludge began to shake and shift itself close together! Slowly, the purple ink formed back onto itself and squirmed off of the ground and walls of the environment, soon forming back into those monsters again!! They continued to march, they're arms transformed into replicas of the splattershot, blasting everything in sight.

Inkling Soldier 2: Holy squit... They just--They just reappeared! Retreat! Everyone back away! Get the civilians to the extraction point!

*KABOOOOM!*

A building imploded on it's self and collapsed onto some cars, crushing them. Unfortunately, people were still in those cars...

Inkling soldier 2: C'mon man, I got you... Can you hear me?