Chapter 17.5 (Mini Chapter) Spade's Suspicion

Narrator Pov

It was very late in the city of Inkopolis. Near close to midnight to be exact. The construction team and police force were still out and about getting rid of any mess that was made by the brute incident between the Squidbeak and the Octo Samurai. The area where they fought was only looking slightly cleaned up. The buildings to the sides had many cracks and left over green ink still spread across most of the exterior. Chunks of the road were somehow missing too. The thought of such power brought slight fear in some of the worker inklings.

Construction Inkling: Hey Dan, come take a look at this

Construction Octoling: Huh?

The two stood right before a huge debris wedged between two buildings. Ink dripped from it with a splat bomb just resting beside it.

Construction Octoling: Heh, someone forget their sub weapon for a turf war match? 

Construction Inkling: Seriously. I really want to know what happened here! It would have been a great show to watch tonight if this was acted out in some way

Construction Octoling: As fun as that may seem, my thoughts about it is HOW THE SHELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO MOVE THIS??

A worker behind them over heard and passed out to see the heavy work in ahead of them. 

Police Inkling: Sheesh...Kinda glad I'm a cop

The officer was finished taping off a lot of the area off from any civilian interaction. The people who lived in the buildings were thankfully unharmed but rather stressed that their homes were mostly abolished. Squids and kids stood outside the boundaries looking upset as ever.

Inkling girl: Uff! Where will my baby sleep now!

Inkling Boy: Oh you have a child?! Since when?? I uh...I gotta go... 

He swam out of there quicker then a squigie sucking up ink.

Ocotling Boy: Well I mean...My rent was coming up. Looks like I ain't paying it now! HAH!

Well, maybe not everyone. But one things is for sure. Spade, current commander of the Squidbeak Splatoon was not having the best night. Off the Hook had just came home from spectating turf war and keeping up with their studio producer. Marina closed the door behind her and let out a end of the day sigh.

Marina: *Sighs in relief* Another day, another night to rest!

Pearl: Rest? Whatever! I can't rest! How am I supposed to sleep when I lost a bet to team pink beating team green?? 

Marina: How much do you owe?? And when did you make a bet?? She said with wide and concerned eyes.

Pearl: Maverick! Our producer! He said, and I qoute, "Hey Pearl, 30,000 coins say team green will lose to pink's brella user" 

Marina: 30,000 COINS?!?! Pearl! Ugh, where's your wallet

Pearl: Eeeeheh, that's the thing, I don't have that kind of cash *Anime sweat*

Marina: Right, cuz you spent all of it on that stupid bouncy castle

Pearl: HEY! It was a GREAT investment. She said smirking with pride.

Marina giggled and rolled her eyes. The two entered the kitchen to wash up their hands and face quickly to get ready for bed. 

Pearl: Hey Rina', hand me some soap--

*Distant shouting*

Marina: ...

Pearl: ... What in the world was that? Was that Spade?? Was he dropping a mix tape?!