17. So stupid

𝟭𝟳

𝟭𝟳. 𝗦𝗼 𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗽𝗶𝗱
﹙ 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗿𝗮𝗱 ﹚

"Where are you going, lady?"

I look away from the game to see what Jacob was referring to. I immediately look away when I see Lennon, she was wearing the same top and shorts she had in the morning, she looked beautiful, but I couldn't tell her that... not now.

"Hanging out with Steve, adios." She said as she closed the door, not waiting for us to answer.

I turn back to the game but Jacob paused it, looking right at me. "Okay, you got to tell me what happened yesterday because that bitch right there will not tell me anything." He said in one breath, making my eyes widen.

"What are you talking about..." I said with a higher tone. Jacob tilted his head and rolled his eyes, "Yesterday!? Don't tell me you weren't fighting."

I put down the control and sigh, shaking my head, "It wasn't a fight, just a small discussion."

Jacob snorted, "Oh please, a small discussion doesn't end in you two not sharing a single glance. Also, I could feel the freaking tension between you guys, like really feel it. Like I was in between you guys... which, technically I am, but that's not the point."

"She got mad because we interrupted her date with Steve."

He raised his eyebrows in confusion, "It was a stupid fight, I told her I didn't care about her but it's literally the opposite and I really don't know what to do because she definitely hates me now,"

"Yeah, she does."

I snapped my head at him, "What? She does? Did she tell you that?"

"What? No... I meant she probably does hate you because of what you said but you didn't mean it... right?" Jacob asked. I instantly shake my head, "No, no I obviously didn't mean it."

"That better be true."

I blinked at him, "I care about her more than anything, it's just... I don't know how to tell her."

He blinked, "Literally just tell her, she's  too stupid for hints. You have to be specific and say you like her."

"Nah, man. I can't do that."

Jacob squinted his eyes and tilted his head in confusion. "Why the fuck not? You're making this more complicated than it actually is." I groan and bury my face on a pillow.

"She doesn't like me, how am I supposed to tell her if she's just going to reject me." I unbury my face and see Jacob staring at me, not blinking, not anything, "You are so...so...blind." He muttered.

I nodded at him with pursed lips, "How do you even know if she likes me?"

"Because she's my sister... duh?! Since when are you this fucking stupid, Conrad. I thought you were the smart one."

I throw my pillow at him which he offendedly caught, throwing it back. "Conrad! Man, come on. That girl is in love with you since you were babies, it's so stupid that none of you see that."

Maybe she liked me then but now... I think it's the opposite. Even if we liked each other, I don't know how I'd tell her, I don't know how to like her correctly. And I know it's not fair for me to like her for a second then hate for another.

"I wanted to tell her....but it's too late, she's with Steve. They're probably making out right now." I groaned. Jacob inhaled deeply before screaming into the pillow.

"They just met! Like they just met 24 hours ago, and I'm sure she just likes him as a friend."

"How do you know?"

He rolled his eyes at him, "Just trust me in this one." I look at him, listening. "You need to apologize first, then... just tell her."

He was right, I was making this harder than it actually was. If what he says is true, then I should just tell her that I like her, we're not some middle school kids to be acting like this.

"Alright."

AUTHORS NOTE

Conrad chapters are always so short and for what😭😭

I love writing his POV tho because we Can se what he actually thinks instead of just making faces tf, anyway! I hope you enjoyed, I know it's a short one but I'll promise I'll come back with a longer one!!

— martina