08. 'I'm a boy and she's a girl'

A/n:

Another flashback!!
get ready for a wholesome chapter w 11-year old Conrad and 10-year old Lennon <3

I have never woken up this early with such a purpose, my mom and Lennon's mom always buy muffins from a coffee shop a few streets away, and since the coffee shop is always full with people, our moms have to go early or else they won't be able to buy muffins.

That's why I'm waking up at 5:27 in the morning, I'm heading towards Lennon's room and when I open it, I see her sleeping peacefully.

I smile and walk up to her side. "Lenn..." I whispered, she didn't wake up so I called her again, "Lennon, we need to go to buy the muffins!"

And that's when she woke up, she jumped from bed and turned to me, "Muffins!?" I nodded at her and she smiled.

She walked fast to her closet and grabbed a pair of clothes, "Shush, I need to change now. You better tell my mom and your mom to wake up now, so we can be the first ones there."

I chuckled and nodded, leaving her room with a closed door. I smile at myself and go downstairs, our moms were already up, I just wanted to wake Lennon myself because I wanted to see her.

She's my best friend, but don't tell Jacob or he'll get mad, I like them both but Lennon is my favorite.

Normally, the Conklin's family come to the summer beach house two days after the Crawford's come, today is the second day since Lennon, Jake and Jess arrived. That's why the Conklin's are not here yet, not until tomorrow.

"Conrad, did you tell Lennon?" My mom asked as I walked into the kitchen. I nodded and laughed, "She was asleep, but when I told her about the muffins, she jumped and immediately changed!"

My mom looked at my aunt Jess and they both laughed.

They've been best friends since they were children! How awesome is that? It's so cool because that's like me and Lennon, but I'm a boy and she's a girl, so it's not the same. But it's still cool!

"Is Jacob awake?" My aunt Jess asked. I shook my head at her, "No. He said yesterday that he doesn't like those muffins, he's crazy." I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"He's a liar, sweetie. He loves muffins, he just hates waking up this early." She said, chuckling at the laziness of her eldest kid.

Jacob is my age, I was born first, though, two months before him, so out of all of us, I am the oldest.

Lennon is one year younger than me but we still are best friends. She's also Steven's and Jeremiah's age, she's starting to hang out with them more than with me, it's not that I'm jealous, but I kind of miss hanging out with her as we used to before.

"Okay! We can go now!" Lennon yelled from behind me. She walked downstairs and came up to me. "Are you ready?" She asked.

I nodded and we both turned to our mothers, "We can go!!" We both said.

Jess and my mom nodded and grabbed their purses as they headed outside. Lennon and I followed them slightly behind excitedly.

"I think I'm going to get the blueberry muffin." Lennon whispered to me, walking by my side. I looked at her before saying, "Really? I wanted that one." I frowned.

"We can share!" She grinned, her eyes disappearing as she did. "You can get the banana flavor muffin and I'll get the blueberry so we can share half and half."

I smiled at her, hoping into the back seat. She did the same going to my left. "Alright!" I said happily.

We're in the car for a couple of minutes before finally arriving to the coffee shop. Lennon jumped with excitement and I smiled at her happiness, my mom parked and immediately after she did, both Lennon and I hopped off of the car.

"We're here!" She yelled. I laughed and grabbed her hand, running into the coffee shop together. Fortunately, there wasn't a lot of people seeing as they just opened it, so we went in in led than a minute.

"I can't wait to see them all grown up." My mom said behind me. She smiled at us and we both waved our hands at her, "They'd be so cute, wouldn't they?" She asked Jess.

Jess chuckled at the sight of us holding hands while looking at the variety of muffins in the shop. "So cute," she smiled.

"Okay, so you pick the blueberry one and I'll pick the banana one and then we cut it in half so we can share, right?" I asked Lennon. She looked up at me and nodded then she turned to her mom and smiled, "Were ready to order!"

"Really? That was fast." She laughed. Lennon was still holding my hand as she twirled a little bit, "We want our regular orders, ma'am." She grinned to her mom.

"Oh, I see." She chuckled before turning to my mom. "We want— well I want a banana muffin and Lenn wants a blueberry muffin." I nodded.

"Be right back with you," our moms say at the same time. Lennon and I grin and look at each other, she lets go of my hand and goes sit down on a couch.

I watch my hand for a second, feeling a little tingle on my stomach, but I ignored it as I went to sit next to Lennon.

"I love muffins, they are the best food ever!" Lennon screamed with happiness as she threw herself on the couch. I smiled at her and agreed, "Definitely!"

"We need to come here every summer and get every muffin in the world." She said as she looked at me. I nodded, "Yeah! And when we're older, we can drive by ourselves here!" Lennon open her mouth wide open before laughing.

"Yeah!" She said as she kept laughing.

And I just smiled, admiring her laughter and the happiness she was spreading. Every single smile she gave to someone, it made them happy, or at least for me.

She was a happy person and I liked that.

I hope we stay friends when we're older because I don't know what I'd do without her.

⸻꧂❣☼—㋡✺

A wholesome chapter of muffins with these two?! A dream.

Q: what should their ship name be?? I'm not creative and I need your help 😭🫣

→ Mar